Performs nuclear medicine imaging and/or therapy in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice and with the policies, values, and mission of the organization.
* Reviews patient history and physician's orders. Educates patient regarding procedures, equipment and exam to ensure patient's understanding and cooperation.
* Orders, prepares, administers, stores and disposes of radiopharmaceuticals according to established protocols and applicable regulations/standards. Monitors patient condition continually and reports/responds to changes in status as appropriate.
* Prepares equipment and supplies. Selects appropriate imaging parameters. Implements safety standards and performs appropriate quality control procedures on equipment. Troubleshoots, resolves, and/or reports equipment malfunctions as necessary.
* Positions patient and performs imaging procedure(s). Analyzes images and identifies issues with the quality of images. Takes appropriate action to resolve image quality issues, including repositioning patient and repeating procedure if clinically appropriate.
* Charges appropriately for all supplies used for procedure and utilizes appropriate exam codes.
* Manages radiation emergencies and monitors radiation safety in accordance with radiation safety policy under the guidance of the radiation safety officer.
* Takes on call shift responsibilities as required by the department.
Competencies and skills:
* STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR: Acts in a manner that supports the standards of communication, respect, privacy, and teamwork by demonstrating a commitment to professional and ethical conduct.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE: Demonstrates commitment to service excellence by promptly addressing internal/external customer issues/requests, resolving concerns while maintaining a professional image and behavior to build and enhance the patient/family/customer experience.
* ACCOUNTABILITY: Accepts ownership of job roles and specific assignments/goals; works independently, takes responsibility for own actions; admits mistakes and judgment errors; and accepts constructive feedback. Connects personal work results to the accomplishment of team and organizational goals.
* RESPONDING TO CHANGE: Accepts change and adapts in a positive and productive manner; handles unexpected situations and changes in direction calmly and with confidence. Views new assignments and job responsibilities as an opportunity for growth.
* RADIATION PROTECTION: Provides appropriate radiation protection for self and others during all imaging and therapeutic procedures.
* RADIOPHARMACEUTICAL UTILIZATION: Maintains, tests, and evaluates imaging equipment and/or supplies.
* PATIENT POSITIONING AND PROCEDURES: Performs imaging procedures on all anatomical areas of the body.
* IMAGE PRODUCTION, ANALYSIS AND ARCHIVAL: Applies appropriate imaging factors, conducts image analysis and utilizes archival techniques.
* PATIENT ASSESSMENT AND CARE: Assesses and provides patient care prior to, during and/or after procedures; considering medical condition, age and diversity.
* ACCURACY: Completes work assignments within established quality and/or quantity standards.
* PATIENT AND FAMILY CENTERED CARE: "Provides Patient and Family Centered Care to patients, families, visitors and internal customers"
* Accredited Program
* Nuclear Medicine
* ARRT - American Registry of Radiology Tech
* Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board
* BLS Certification
* Certified Radiologic Technologist
Education equivalent experience:
* Graduate of an accredited Nuclear Medicine Technologist program.
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Required Work Experience: No prior work experience required.
Must be certified as Certified Radiologic Technologist (CRT) and can be certified as American Registry of Radiology Tech (ARRT) or Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board (NMTCB).
* Bending and Stooping ; ; ; 60.00%
* Keyboard Entry ; ; ; 60.00%
* Kneeling ; ; ; 40.00%
* Lifting/Carrying Patients 35 Pounds or Greater ; ; ; 60.00%
* Lifting or Carrying 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient ; ; ; 60.00%
* Lifting or Carrying 25.01 lbs - 75 lbs Non-Patient ; ; ; 60.00%
* Lifting or Carrying 75 lbs Non-Patient ; ; ; 20.00%
* Pushing or Pulling 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient ; ; ; 60.00%
* Pushing or Pulling 26 - 75 lbs Non-Patient ; ; ; 60.00%
* Pushing or Pulling 75 lbs Non-Patient ; ; ; 60.00%
* Reaching ; ; ; 60.00%
* Repetitive Movement Foot/Leg ; ; ; 20.00%
* Repetitive Movement Hand/Arm ; ; ; 20.00%
* Sitting ; ; ; 60.00%
* Squatting ; ; ; 20.00%
* Standing ; ; ; 40.00%
* Walking ; ; ; 60.00%
* Audible Speech ; ; ; 80.00%
* Hearing Acuity ; ; ; 80.00%
* Depth Perception ; ; ; 80.00%
* Distinguish Color ; ; ; 80.00%
* Seeing - Far ; ; ; 80.00%
* Seeing - Near ; ; ; 80.00%
* Bio hazardous Waste ; ; ; 60.00%
* Biological Hazards - Respiratory ; ; ; 60.00%
* Biological Hazards - Skin or Ingestion ; ; ; 60.00%
* Blood and/or Bodily Fluids ; ; ; 60.00%
* Communicable Diseases and/or Pathogens ; ; ; 60.00%
* Gas/Vapors/Fumes ; ; ; 60.00%
* Hazardous Chemicals ; ; ; 60.00%
* Hazardous Medication ; ; ; 60.00%
* Latex ; ; ; 20.00%
* Computer Monitor ; ; ; 60.00%
* Fire Risk ; ; ; 20.00%
* Moving Mechanical Parts ; ; ; 60.00%
* Needles/Sharp Objects ; ; ; 60.00%
* Potential Electric Shock ; ; ; 20.00%
* Potential for Physical Assault ; ; ; 20.00%
* Radiation ; ; ; 60.00%
* Wet or Slippery Surfaces ; ; ; 20.00%
Since the opening of the one-story, 100-bed Memorial Hospital in 1953, the South Florida community has benefited from caring and compassionate healthcare at Memorial Regional Hospital. Today, with 553 beds and as the flagship facility of Memorial Healthcare System, Memorial Regional Hospital is one of Florida's largest and most sophisticated hospitals, offering leading-edge care and technologies. Services include:
+ Medical and Surgical Services
+ Emergency Room and Level I Trauma Center
+ Memorial Cancer Institute
+ Memorial Cardiac and Vascular Institute
+ Memorial Neuroscience Institute
+ The Family Birthplace
+ Women's Services
+ Wasie Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
We are also home to a team of dedicated professionals, all of whom deliver nationally recognized, award-winning care. Memorial Regional Hospital has received Press Ganey's Guardian of Excellence Award for Patient Satisfaction (Inpatient Behavioral Health) for three consecutive years, has been recognized by Truven Health Analytics as one of the nation's 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals, and for the last seven years has received the Gold Plus Achievement Award from the American Stroke Association.
**_Disclaimer:_** _This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification._
Memorial Healthcare System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. Memorial Healthcare System recruits, hires and promotes qualified candidates for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any factor prohibited by law. We are proud to offer Veteran's Preference to former military, reservists and military spouses (including widows and widowers). You must indicate your status on your application to take advantage of this program.
- American Registry Of Radiologic Technologists (Arrt) Certified
- Basic Life Support
- Critical Thinking
- Customer Experience
- Customer Service