JOB SUMMARY / GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
Responsible for the accurate and timely distribution of grocery/food staples, grocery/food specialty products and convenience store/restaurant supplies to various customer locations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Other duties may be assigned. A teammate in this position must have the ability to:
* Drive tractor trailer and unload product at multiple customer locations.
* Ensure compliance with Federal and State Laws as they relate to DOT and any other applicable traffic regulations.
* Be responsible for customer satisfaction including on-time delivery of undamaged product.
* Drive tractor, maneuvering into position to attach trailer and handle lines to secure.
* Inspect tractor-trailer for defects pre/post trip and submit DOT inspection report indicating condition.
* Inspect trailer to ensure product is secure for undamaged transport of product.
* Inspect bill of lading and store keys for accuracy in off-hour delivery.
* Drive tractor-trailer to destination, apply knowledge of commercial driving regulations and maneuver vehicle on the road and on customer premises.
* Maintain driver log (Manual or PeopleNet) according to DOT regulations.
* Unload trailer, deliver product into customer premises.
* Use approved procedures and equipment (Driver Delivery Handheld), document delivery receipt, product temperatures and exceptions.
* Maintain telephone contact with supervisor or dispatcher to receive delivery or pickup instructions.
* Perform any other duties as necessary.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
A teammate in this position must:
* Have a High School Diploma or GED.
* Be at least 21 years of age.
* Possess a CDL Class A License; minimum driving experience of 1 year or 50,000 verifiable miles of tractor-trailer experience
* Not have more than two moving violations in past 3 years.
* Not have been convicted of a DWI/DUI within the past 5 years in any vehicle, public or private.
* Be able to stand, walk, sit, climb, reach, bend, squat, and stoop to accomplish the essential job functions.
* Be able to read, understand, and interpret an extensive variety of related written instructions.
* Have strong communication skills with ability to communicate with management team, drivers, teammates, and customers.
* Be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and customers.
* Be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
* Comply with Company Work Rules and Safety Rules.
* Ensure attendance and punctuality within company standards.
* Working conditions could contain moderate noise, vibration of vehicle and extreme weather conditions depending on climate.
* Must be able to drive tractor trailer safely in adverse weather conditions, including darkness, rain, wind, snow, or ice.
* Must be able to lift at least 60 pounds and handle a hand truck weighing up to 400 pounds when fully loaded.
* Must be able to use dolly or hand truck in heavy lifting and shifting loads on wet, dry, icy, bumpy, or uneven terrain with frequent curbs and obstructions.
* Must be able to load and unload product routinely at multiple customer sites daily.
McLane offers competitive pay and benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, STD/LTD and 401(k).
Candidates must pass a background check, drug screen and other job requirements.
McLane is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.