Overall Position Summary and Objectives
Under this task order, the contractor will independently provide support services to satisfy the overall operational objectives of the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH). The primary objective is to provide services and deliverables through performance of support services. In addition to interactions with my NIMH Admin team to manage orders, recruitments, and travel requests, the lab technician will have the following responsibilities:
Skills (Ranked By Priority)
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 represents priority rankings, where 1 is highest priority and 5 is lowest priority of those ranked
- Animal Handling
- MS Access
Field of Study
- Molecular Biology
STATEMENT OF WORK DETAILS
Plans, executes, and arranges laboratory experiments, new techniques and procedures; and performs laboratory techniques relating to scientific research.
Operates laboratory machines and instruments; and prepares specimens and equipment for use.
- Create and manage inventory databases (animal tissues, antibodies, reagents etc.)
- Assist in the preparation of Animal Study Protocols and establish local processes to ensure adherence to approved protocol requirements
Performs sample management and storage.
- Maintain stocks of laboratory reagents
Analyzes, documents and reports on all procedures performed.
- Organize and store all chemicals and laboratory reagents according to safety requirements
Maintains inventory of laboratory supplies.
- Manage chemical & biological waste procedures (local processes)
Cleans and sterilizes instruments, glassware and equipment.
- Maintain animal records database, perform mouse genotyping and recording
Plan execute and arrange laboratory experiments, new techniques and procedures; and performs laboratory techniques relating to scientific research.
- Assist with management of after-hours emergencies (e.g. equipment failure)
Maintains inventory of laboratory supplies and initiates purchase orders.
- Laboratory Techniques
- Ms Access
- Molecular Biology