Company is looking to hire an operationally-focused leader for the position of Vice President of Accounting. Reporting to our Chief Financial Officer, this role will be the accounting partner to our CFO and management team. We are looking for a leader with experience in successfully developing and implementing best practices in financial reporting processes, cash management processes, and financial/operational controls. Primary responsibilities include partnering with our CFO, FP&A team, IT team, and Company’s functional teams to ensure that all business units operate together seamlessly. You will lead the build-out of a scalable accounting team that fully utilizes the new ERP platform to support a rapidly growing business. You will have a key role in maximizing the impact of the Microsoft D365 F&O ERP system at Company. Company is a data-driven organization and you will be an integral part of driving decision making across the company. Company strives for operational excellence in everything that it does, you will be an essential part of expanding the finance function as Company continues to grow.
- Lead Company’s accounting function across all areas of responsibility, providing expert and strategic guidance on all matters impacting the company’s financials. Drive the day-to-day management of accounting resources.
- Partner closely with the CFO to ensure that all business decisions are supported by accurate and timely financial information.
- Manage a timely end-to-end monthly closing process, including the development and release of CFO, management, and business leader reporting packages.
- Lead the effective deployment of Microsoft D365 F&O into the accounting team.
- Maintain an effective internal control environment.
- Cost-effectively manage the accounting organization by optimizing the use of technology, as well as building a scalable infrastructure to support the future growth of the company.
- Review current accounting processes. Map out and implement process improvements across all accounting functions to streamline and maximize efficiencies throughout the department.
- Lead the annual financial audit.
- Support Partner, Joint Venture, and M&A accounting requirements.
- Work collaboratively with the executive team to ensure seamless financial support for key initiatives.
- Serve as a resource for management on matters of fiscal control, regulatory compliance, and accounting and reporting best practices. Stay current on accounting requirements and advise CFO on these matters as relevant.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related field required. MBA is a plus. 10+ years of leadership experience in an accounting role.
- 3+ years of foundational training and experience in an audit role at a Big 4 firm preferred.
- Impeccable ethics and strong audit skills.
- Hands-on approach - ability to set and maintain the day-to-day tone of the accounting function.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and analytical skills.
- Proven ability to develop collaborative relationships with internal and audit partners, and comfort interacting with teammates across departments and experience levels.
- Proven high standard of performance, eager to set and pursue aggressive goals and to work hard and smart to achieve them. Must be persistent, decisive, resourceful, proactive and results-oriented.
- Ability to understand all aspects of the organization’s business and to convey information to people with varying levels of financial expertise.
- A standout team-member, able to work with a range of team-members across the organization.
- Microsoft D365 F&O or AX experience is strongly preferred.
- Crane, construction, or heavy equipment experience not required. Seeking a fresh perspective to bring to Company.
Process Improvements (Business)