Alion is seeking a highly skilled, knowledgeable, and motivated instructional developer to support our Department of Defense customers. The applicant will be a part of a team that designs and develops interactive courseware for the customer. The position is based full time in Alexandria, VA.
The applicant must be a team-player who is comfortable with interacting daily with both the internal development team and externally, with our DoD clients. This role must be able to interpret security policies and process and be able to create interactive courseware to communicate it to the end user.
Duties will be under the general direction of the project and program manager and within the scope of the work derived from a contract with a government customer.
Duties: The developer will perform a wide range of tasks to support the development of software and security training solutions, including:
- determine learning objectives and task learning relationships, clustering and sequencing learning events
- select assessment strategies and/or types for a training solutions.
- organize course content, and develop design plans for the acquisition of full systems to include courseware, learning aids, and training devices.
- Designing and developing curriculum & total course materials for participants in concert with domain subject matter experts
- Converting written materials and/or training requirements to interactive courseware, including writing plans and storyboards
- Developing educational multimedia, using tools such as Captivate, Camtasia, Dreamweaver, Articulate Studio, or Raptivity.
- Evaluating materials during development for instructional alignment and appropriate styles, standards, and specifications such as Section 508 and Sharable Content Object Reference Model (SCORM)
- Participating in the daily team stand-up calls
- Conducting briefings, demonstrations, and content meetings for customers
- Performing additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree; Master's Degree is preferred in Instructional Design, Education, Adult Learning, Educational Technology, Industrial/Organizational Psychology or related field.
- Ability to analyze and de-conflict information from a variety of sources to form instructionally sound course content
- Ability to create supporting course documentation, including design documents, storyboards, art style guides, and learning objectives
- Superior organizational skills
- Leadership experience managing a cross-functional team
- Experience with working large, complex L & D Efforts
- Experience in presenting to and interacting with stakeholders and senior SMEs in a consultative manner
- Must be US citizen
- Familiarity with agile software development processes
- Excellent verbal, oral, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Ability to be flexible, prioritize, and manage multiple activities simultaneously in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Strong team player with the ability to both collaborate and to take initiative and work well independently
- Superior attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines
Current clearance a plus
- US Citizenship
- Must be willing to submit for SECRET clearance
Security Clearance: None
Telework - Not Eligible
Sharable Content Object Reference Model
Attention To Detail