Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Subcontracts Administrator (SCA) Position
PAE is currently seeking a Subcontracts Administrator to support its Global Mission Services Business Unit. This position will be located at the PAE office in Arlington, VA (Courthouse). This individual will be responsible for cradle to grave procurement and subcontract support for both projects must be comfortable working in a dynamic and high energy environment, and be capable of simultaneously managing multiple projects with demanding schedules.
The SCA will apply sound contracting techniques to support acquisition planning, acquisition strategies, and subsequent acquisition of materials and simple services to support program related efforts. The successful candidate will accomplish these objectives through daily, competent performance of the following duties:
- Maintain a working knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations and standard commercial procurement practices
- Review purchase requisitions for clarity, compliance, detail, completeness, and obtain additional information considered necessary.
- Develop sourcing lists for various services to support the development of requests for information (RFIs), quotations (RFQs), proposals (RFPs) and invitations to bid and interviews potential suppliers.
- Review solicitation responses and perform relevant analyses to include price and cost, ensure conformity to Statement of Work, delivery terms, payment terms, and other terms and conditions of the procurement.
- Serve as a business advisor to internal customers, providing alternative solutions to requested items when such solution would provide a benefit to the Company (i.e. enhanced performance, cost savings, or positive schedule impact).
- Negotiate aspects of the procurement to include price, payment and delivery terms, quality requirements, and other factors with suppliers to achieve the best value procurement possible.
- Generate Purchase Orders in final form for approval and signature.
- Prepare and maintain complete Purchase Order files in accordance with Federal Acquisition policies, Corporate Procurement guidance, and other applicable references to ensure compliance throughout the procurement cycle.
- Procure using streamlined acquisition methods such as purchase card transactions
- Actively manage the procurement process from order placement through receipt of services and subsequent payment of invoices.
- Actively manage supplier performance through consistent communication to ensure proper adherence to purchase order terms and conditions
- Participate in the invoice approval process to ensure that supplier invoices are in accordance with purchase order terms and conditions, and resolve issues as necessary.
- Plan, organize, prioritize and perform multiple tasks to perform job functions in an orderly, efficient manner.
- Work professionally in a team environment and independently as necessary
- Identify problems, analyze alternatives, and develop viable recommendations.
- Read, comprehend and interpret written materials of moderate to complex difficulty.
- Compose written materials of moderate to complex difficulty on procurement-related issues.
- Act with integrity at all times when representing the Company
Detailed description of experience, training, and other requirements for job performance:
Qualified candidate will have a minimum of 3-7 years of experience in buying in support of a government contract. Candidate should also possess a working knowledge of the Federal Acquisitions Regulations (FAR/DFARS). The ideal candidate would have experience with Cost Point ERP and basic office software applications (such as Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet Explorer). Exercise good judgment in safeguarding confidential or sensitive information and adhere to high standards of confidentiality and honesty.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Manage purchase order/ subcontract cradle to grave process in support of logistical activities. This will include but not be limited to venues, catering services, rental cars and drivers, interpreters and related equipment, etc. All activities will be in the regions of Africa, Middle East, and Near Asia.
- Support PO/ subcontract negotiation, PO/ subcontract administration. With supervision, prepares and conducts negotiations on terms and conditions. Performs price analysis and conducts negotiations on price and price related terms and other subcontract provisions.
- With some supervision, perform day-to-day subcontract administration functions in support of assigned subcontracting efforts. Focus on Day-One-Readiness activities to ensure effective transitions of from proposals to operational performance.
- Cradle to grave management of all program Independent Consultant Agreements and corresponding databases.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for internal customers on administration and operations under PO/ Subcontracts.
- Provide administrative support for the negotiation of nondisclosure agreements, proprietary information exchange agreements, teaming agreements, and other contracts activities supporting business development.
- Maintain subcontract proposal and contract documents in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, and company policies.
- Responsible for keeping management informed of the deliverables and payment of invoices.
- Maintain contact with staff to keep them informed of the performance of subcontract negotiation, preparation and monitoring.
- Disseminate information to appropriate employees regarding subcontract status, compliance, modification, deviation, negotiation and termination.
- Consult with PAE technical staff, and resolves matters of disagreement between PAE and the potential subcontractor.
- Prepare price and/or cost analyses using techniques other than adequate price competition as appropriate.
- Prepare written reports, letters, and memoranda required for internal and external distribution.
- Perform other duties and special projects as required.
- Bachelor's degree required
- 3-7 years of related experience in purchasing or in a government contracting environment preferred
- A combination of education and experience may be considered to satisfy the above qualifications
- Experience working in an approved contractor purchasing system environment is preferred
- Direct experience with the contractor purchasing system review (CPSR) process is desired
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations is highly preferred.
- Specific Skills: Extensive experience with Microsoft Office software to include: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio and Projects. Costpoint experience is highly desired.
- Military experience is desired
- Logistics experience is desired
- Other Requirements: Minimal travel may be required, CONUS or OCONUS locations.
PAE is an equal opportunity employer and drug-free workplace
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
URL blocked - click to apply
URL blocked - click to apply