To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Greenville, SC
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Software Engineer - Greenville, SC
Hubbell Inc • Greenville, SC
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
701 Millennium Blvd.
Greenville, SC 29607
Full-Stack developers in this position will architect, design and implement software systems including local workstation and web-based software applications. You will work collaboratively with a cross-functional team to design applications, platform APIs, the UX/UI and microservices to enhance existing or implement new software systems. You will utilize software development best practices and contribute to system testing and system deployment. We are looking for motivated team players ready to improve their craft and learn new skills building modern applications for workstations and in the cloud.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development and proposed solutions
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
- Update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Analyze exisiting software designs, recommend and implement changes to align design with strategic goals
Skills and Experience
- Required to have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or related fields of study. M.S. degree or 5+ years of experience in related fields a plus.
- Candidates must have 3+ years of software development experience in client and web based client/server application development.
- Experience with professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations
- Development experience in both Windows and Linux operating systems
- Experience implementing role-based authorization, certificate-based authentication, SSL incryption, etc.
- Experience building complex web systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams and management to collect requirements, identify tasks, create specifications, provide estimates and meet production deadlines
- Candidates must possess a strong programming skill set for both client workstations and web-based applications
- Experience designing the high-level architecture of complex software systems
- .Net/C# Windows application development
- Working knowledge of Cloud Services such as AWS and Azure
- Knowledge of software source control management systems such as SVN or Git
- Knowledge of web services and networking protocols such as TCP/IP, RESTful, SOAP, HTTP, JSON, etc
- Candidates must have good communications and documentation skills and practices
- loT interfacing experience to physical devices, industrial controls, machine control, etc
- Experience with SQL databases and SQL queries
- Working knowledge or background with building automation protocols a plus
- Mobile IOS/Android develoment a plus
- Experience with mapping or navigation is a plus
- Experience working with CAD data formats
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science
Masters Degree in Computer Science
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.