The Interface Analyst is responsible to develop, manage, document, coordinate and track technical aspects of interfaces between the electronic health record (Epic), Epic’s interface application (Bridges), the interface engine, and ancillary applications. The Interface Analyst needs to be able to coordinate these efforts with the larger Epic team, as well as support and implement the specific interfaces. Under the direction of the interface manager, the position will serve as a technical resource for the project team with primary responsibilities for all aspects of implementing interfaces between MFA clinical and practice management systems with MFA vendors, provider organizations, and other third-party organizations as required. The individual must be able to maintain clinical and regulatory requirements in mapping tables, HL7 messaging standards and maintaining clinical and external entity EHR demands.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Follow proper standards for development of interfaces and provide meaningful input to the development of such standards.
- Provide proper development and upgrades to facilitate implementing improvements as they become available.
- Develops detailed specifications and documentation for software changes by interface vendors or for internally implemented modifications, providing communication of all changes as directed by the interface manager.
- Manages the development life cycle for development and implementation projects to ensure quality and performance standards are maintained.
- At the direction of the manager, develops or incorporates specifications when additional functionality or requirements are needed with a vendor internal department, or third-party partner.
- Gather and translate end user requirements and issues into application solutions that satisfy the needs of the project and/or MFA.
Education College Degree Required:
- Bachelor’s degree (IT/computer-related Preferred) OR
- Associates Degree and experience commensurate with Job Requirements in lieu of Bachelor’s degree
- Current Epic certification(s) for Bridges may be required by the interface manager. If required, new hires and transfers have no more than 45 days from completion of MFA-sponsored Epic training to complete any required Epic certifications.
- Must remain current on relevant Epic Certifications, badges, trainings, and other credentials.
- 4 years minimum experience in healthcare or healthcare-related organization with Electronic Health Record systems preferred.
- HL7, Ensemble interface engine, and Epic Bridges coding experience required.
- Additional experience may be required based upon assignment.
- Clinical Works
- Electronic Medical Record
- Health Care
- Regulatory Requirements
- Software Engineering
- S Interface