Join Our Team!
Sunbelt Rentals strives to be the customer's first choice in the equipment rental industry. From pumps to scaffolding to general construction tools, we aim to be the only call needed to outfit a job site with the proper equipment. Not only do we offer a vast fleet that ranks among the best in the industry, we pair it all with a friendly and knowledgeable staff. Our employees are our greatest asset, and although we present a comprehensive equipment offering, our expertise and service are what truly distinguish us from the competition.
We pride ourselves on investing in our workforce and offer competitive benefits, as well as extensive on-the-job training for all eligible employees.
As a highly successful national company, we are constantly looking for talented individuals to support our growth. If you are interested in pursuing a rewarding career, we invite you to review our opportunities!
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Are you seeking an entrepreneurial, empowering workplace that allows you to:
• Develop a career track
• Leverage your current skills while developing new skills
• Work with an incredible team of people
Sunbelt Rentals--the fastest growing rental business in North America--is seeking a Welder Fabricator. As a Welder Fabricator, you will lay out and fabricate metal assemblies/weldments using technical drawings and routers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Cutting and joining metal parts for fabricating, applying tools like MiG-welder, tag-welder, hand grinder, oxyacetylene torch etc.
• Fabricate parts within tolerances and labor standards.
• Designing and creating holding jigs that aid in fabrication.
• Maintaining a record of all the work completed.
• Knowledge of the properties and characteristics of metals used for cutting, welding and forming objects.
• Knowledge of safety precautions related to occupational hazards, procedures and welding practices.
• Skilled in operating fork lift, hand grinder, overhead crane
• MiG Certification, Tag Certification preferred
• Minimum of 3 years of welding experience
• Basic mathematics skills
• Basic knowledge of welding symbols and blueprint reading skills.
• High school vocation-technical program or a post-secondary diploma program at a trade school
The physical demands of this role require bending, squatting, crouching, reaching, lifting 50 pounds or more, and working indoors/outdoors when required by the job. The above description is not a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day. Reasonable accommodations may be made to comply with applicable laws. Sunbelt Rentals is an Equal Opportunity Employer — Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran and any other protected class.
Gear up for an exciting career!
If a current Sunbelt Rentals employee has referred you for an employment opportunity please notify them that you are applying for this position. In order for the employee to get a referral bonus they need to contact their regional recruiter.
Metal Inert Gas (Mig) Welding