Logistics done differently.
Transport Topics ranked XPO Logistics #1 out of the top 50 logistics companies in North America, and Forbes named us one of America’s best employers. We’re always looking for talented individuals at all levels, who can deliver the caliber of service our company requires. As the Carrier Procurement Assistant, you will be responsible for connecting with customers, matching the right carrier with the right freight and providing daily freight solutions to our customers. On our team, you’ll have the support to excel at work and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Track the status of shipments from inception to delivery, and communicate with the sales representative on status of the shipment
- Address any issues that may arise on any shipment
- Complete accurate entry into the transportation management system and ready loads for accounting
- Communicate any shipment, billing or follow-up issues to Carrier Operations Manager
- Prioritize the daily workload and focus of your carriers including tracking and tracking reports
- Maintain knowledge of all assigned carriers
- Monitor report cards
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 6 months of related experience and/or training
It’d be great if you also have:
- 1 year of related experience and/or training
- General understanding of the transportation industry
Be part of something big.
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L'Oréal, Toyota and many others. We’re the fastest-growing transportation company on the Fortune 500 list and we’re just getting started.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.