CohnReznick currently has an exciting career opportunity in the National R&D Tax Credit team. We are looking for an Tax Senior Associate to join our team Remote.
If you are:
- A highly dedicated professional with impressive credentials and driven by new challenges and growth opportunities
- A team player who believes in providing world-class client service and interested in becoming immersed in various industries
- Looking for a work environment that values and promotes camaraderie, collaboration and giving back to the community
Look ahead. Imagine more. And consider joining the CohnReznick team.
- Endless opportunities to contribute to one of the largest professional services firm in the US
- A unique culture that values collaboration in everything we do
- A team of professionals driven by a sense of excellence, integrity, commitment to lifelong learning, respect for one another, adaptability, and making a difference
- A network of 2,700 professionals committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and giving back to the communities in which we live and work
- Varied career paths supported by strong professional development programs and resources
- A flexible work environment with competitive benefits
R&D Credit Services (RDCS) at CohnReznick has a specialized team that conducts R&D Credit consulting projects. R&D Credit Services is a growing national team with opportunities for it members to become regional leaders.
The R&D Credit Senior Associate is responsible for supporting and running key aspects of R&D engagements; researches tax issues, conducts fieldwork, reviews technical work products, and contributes to sales and marketing efforts.
- Assist and led key aspects of R&D credit studies and related activities to ensure all engagements are conducted in accordance to practice standards, completed on time, and within budget including conducting fieldwork to assisting with client deliverables
- Consistently demonstrate expert time management skills, proper prioritization of projects, personal time, completing work in a timely manner, and avoiding PTO and personal time during critical times of year
- Demonstrate expert project management skills, keeping projects progressing, and updating managers and stakeholders
- Provide proactive in project updates to managers and stakeholders to manage expectations
- Assist in the execution of work plans designed to identify and quantify research credit claims
- Assist in exam defense through IDR support, exam analysis, and client management
- Assist in drafting opinion letters, responses to IRS inquiries, IRS Ruling requests, and writing other tax technical memoranda
- Assist in new business development internally
- Explain in simple terms complex tax technical matters to firm and client personnel
- Assist other team members with the delivery of engagements as needed
- Conduct engagement review, technical review of calculations, work papers, and deliverables of staff prepared work
- Provide suggestions for efficiency improvement in process and engagement management, and other aspects of the practice
- 2 + years’ experience on R&D credit projects
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university
- Eligible to sit for or have made progress towards CPA, J.D./LL.M., Enrolled Agent, Project Management Professional
- Strong verbal and written communications skills with the ability to evaluate and articulate complex information via email, phone, and video
- Strong understanding of R&D credit study engagement process and ability to navigate through various stages
- Understanding of topics including: controlled groups, changes in ownership, funded research, utilization, Payroll Tax Credit
- Able to explain in simple terms what the R&D tax credit is, qualifications, identify QRA and QRE
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously with a team and independently
- Able to build and maintain strong relationships with firm and client personnel and the ability to successfully interact with professionals at all levels
- Candidate will be required to read and study relevant tax material related to R&D credit rules
- Ability to travel several days per month
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access and use of the internet
CohnReznick is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, clients, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please see [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Tax Senior Associate - R&D [Research & Development Credits]
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include background check and credit check
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Tax Senior Associate - R&D [Research & Development Credits] Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and are not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
CohnReznick does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters are currently engaged by CohnReznick Talent Acquisition Team by way of a written agreement to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that CohnReznick will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
#LI-Remote #CB #GD