Travel Required: Less than 10% Public Trust: NACLC (T3) Requisition Type: Regular
We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work has meaning and impact on the world around us, but also on us, and that’s important. GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day. We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge we can’t turn into opportunity. And our work depends on a Cyber Threat Analyst joining our team to support our customers at Bossier City, LA.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator.
Candidate selected for this role will be performing all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction, including these listed below:
- Familiarity with larger nation state threat actor groups and understand threat actor techniques, tactics, and procedures (TTP's)
- Have the ability to perform all source analysis (taking open source reporting, classified reporting, as well as technical malware reports and tying activity together)
- Have a solid understanding of network traffic / standard protocols (ex. HTTP, SMTP, DNS)
- Have familiarity with malware / performing basic dynamic malware analysis
- Possess solid writing skills / have previous experience creating formal reporting products
- Intel background / previous experience working in an Intel environment
- Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
- Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems
- Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
- Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
- Have excellent oral and written skills creating programmatic documentation, standard operating procedures and granular process checklists.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
Candidates must have:
- Mninimum of 8 years of related experience in data security administration (including 2-5 years of related experience in intel within total professional experience;) or 12 years total experience in lieu of degree
- Familiarity with Maltego (or Analyst Notebook), ThreatConnect,and ThreatAnalyzer
- MUST HAVE a current TS or Secret clearance
- IAT II (SEC+) and CND-IR (CEH, GCIH) DoD 8570 compliant.
Discover more at gdit.com/careers
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Certified Ethical Hacker
Giac Certified Incident Handler