Travel & Expense Specialist Job Title Travel & Expense Specialist Job # US11808 Requisition Type Regular Function General & Administrative State/Province Wisconsin City Middleton Region US Posting Start Date Jan-08-2020 Division Information
Spectrum Brands utilizes a Shared Services model that enables resources to be leveraged across the organization. The Shared Services team is made up of information technology, human resources, indirect sourcing, finance & accounting professionals that support all business units. Shared services teams are headquartered in Middleton, Wisconsin but have members across the country.
The Travel and Expense Specialist will be responsible for managing program goals, policies and procedures while providing daily oversight and employee support for travel and expense reimbursements. This position will interact directly with the employee base and external service providers to ensure compliance with our Travel and Expense (T&E) program. The Travel and Expense Specialist will also be responsible for all activity related to the Concur and Corporate Card banking platforms.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform the full day-to-day administrative functions for applications supporting the Corporate Travel and T&E programs and policies.
- This includes profile creation and maintaining all employee profiles in all program systems.
- Perform all activities including policy revisions, policy/procedure implementations, enhancements, maintenance, journal entries, and reporting.
- Provide support to employees with online booking tools and Corporate cards.
- Develop and deliver innovative, interactive training.
- Provide guidance to the international teams as needed.
- Must be comfortable working with employees of all levels over the phone, in person or via email.
- Import PCard data into SAP.
- Reconcile SAP Balance Sheets for Corporate cards. Includes researching and correcting any discrepancies, and creating and posting journal entries as needed.
- Auditing and compliance of both Corporate card programs.
- Track and analyze program progress and create relevant reporting and dashboards for actionable decision-making by company leaders.
- Implement compliance of preferred vendors and management processes to measure travel policy compliance and recommend actions accordingly.
Education and Experience Profile
- Assist with Shared Services projects as needed.
- Associates Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field, or
- 2+ years business related experience.
- A minimum of 1 year experience working with a corporate expense program or related field.
- 1 years of accounting knowledge.
- Travel experience a plus.
- Concur and/or SAP knowledge a plus.
- Strong priority management and attention to detail, including ability to prioritize multiple assignments and deadlines accurately under pressure.
- Desire to grow in responsibility as the Company grows.
- Project management skills.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service skills and skillfully handle confrontation.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Demonstrate strengths in the areas of service and team skills, including evidence of ability to work independently and in close conjunction with others.
- Proven people management and personnel development skills.
- Must think strategically; identify issues and find a reasonable solution.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills, to effectively build relationships with internal and external clients, present business recommendations.
- Experience dealing with a variety of constituents in a professional manner.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job/classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Spectrum Brands is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.