Carpenter Technology Corporation is a leading producer and distributor of premium specialty alloys, including titanium alloys, nickel and cobalt based superalloys, stainless steels, alloy steels and tool steels. Carpenter Technology’s high-performance materials and advanced process solutions are an integral part of critical applications used within the aerospace, transportation, medical and energy markets, among other markets. Building on its history of innovation, Carpenter Technology’s wrought and powder technology capabilities support a range of next-generation products and manufacturing techniques, including novel magnetic materials and additive manufacturing.
Location: Raleigh, NC
PRIMARY DUTIES for the INVENTORY ANALYST
- Evaluate and execute planning system recommended order management transactions. Manage volume turns and safety stock levels in order to optimize inventory utilization in support of Corporate objectives. Provide material alternatives to customers through the application of slow moving and non-standard inventory. Analyze off quality/dormant inventory/over production and returned material.
- Consolidate melt and/or finish orders based on chemistries, verify order requirements and make assignment switches in conjunction with Technical.
- Monitor and evaluate planning systems to identify and resolve action messages.
- Develop procedures in concert with Manufacturing, Sales, and Technical, for possible application to orders, offer for sale to secondary customers in an attempt to reduce surplus material or process Z-orders to scrap the material. Represents inventory group on cross-functional projects and manages Inventory-specific subsets of these projects.
- Perform all other duties and special projects as assigned.
REQUIRED for the INVENTORY ANALYST
- High School Diploma Required. Four-year degree with a concentration in Business, Industrial Engineering, Operations Planning or Logistics preferred
- 3+ years of experience in a production, scheduling, and planning environment, manufacturing or technical process environment or disciplines: Order Scheduling, Production Planning, Inventory Management, Logistics, or Manufacturing Management.
- On the job experience working in a constraint-based flow management environment.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office including Outlook, Word and Excel.
PREFERRED for the INVENTORY ANALYST
- APICS certification desired.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, presentation skills, problem solving skills and project management skills.
- Ability to organize, prioritize tasks and make appropriate technical and business decisions that are aligned to the company’s business plan.
Carpenter Technology Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k with company contributions as well as many other options to employees.
Carpenter Technology Corporation’s policy is to fully and effectively maintain a program of equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination for all employees, to employ affirmative action for all protected classes, and to recruit and develop the best qualified persons available regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by law. The Company also will recruit, develop and provide opportunities for qualified persons with disabilities and protected veterans.
- Industrial Engineering
- Logistics Operations
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Office