Volt Workforce Solutions is seeking a Sr. Principal Composites Analysis and Test Engineer Materials to join our client’s team in Clearfield, UT.
An Active US Government Security Clearance is required.
Role description & Responsibilities:
- Highly motivated analysis engineer with composite structures experience for military and/or commercial aircraft.
- Responsibilities include but are not limited to static and dynamic analysis of composite structures, bonded and bolted assemblies
- The candidate also have experience with composite material mechanical characterization and dynamic testing (modal, forced vibe acoustic etc.) of coupon and subelements.
- Ability to define and lead characterization and test activities, including: authoring test plans and test reports, data reduction and calculation of material allowables.
- BS in Civil, Mechanical, or Aerospace Engineering or related with a minimum of 8 years related experience in analysis engineering function
- Minimum of 8 years of experience with Nastran or ABAQUS
- Static, dynamic and thermostructural analysis experience
- Test lab experience, including instrumentation and data reduction
- Knowledge of composite materials and manufacturing processes
- Previous experience in aerospace manufacturing facility
- Proficiency with NX, Catia V5, Fibersim, Altair Hyperworks/Optistruct, and Hypersizer are also desirable
- Definition of layups and ply patterns with Fibersim to generate finite element models
- Constitutive Model Development and implementation
- BS degree in Civil, Mechanical, Aerospace Engineering, or related
This is a contingent/temporary position offered through Volt Workforce Solutions. Volt offers competitive compensation, the chance to work with some of the world’s leading companies, and a staff committed to helping you take the next step on your career path.
To learn more about Volt, please visit: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Senior Principal Engineer and to see more of our job postings, please visit: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Senior Principal Engineer.
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Computer Aided Three Dimensional Interactive Application (Catia)
Nastran (Computer Aided Design Software)
Dynamic Program Analysis