To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Newport, RI
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
General Dynamics Information Technology • Newport, RI
Posted 12 days ago
Supports customer logistics requirements through the analysis, organization, planning and administration of various phases of day-to-day provisioning, spares, maintenance and/or repair activities.
- Analyzes standard contractual documents, technical data, customer usage data, customer maintenance practices, customer operation characteristics, and related reports for assigned contracts to determine spares provisioning or maintenance/repair requirements.
- Develops logistics plans in order to enhance distribution of goods and supplies.
- Follows established policies, guidelines, and procedures to ensure quality and cost control.
- Conducts distribution and network studies, monitors inventory and analyzes requirements in order to develop strategies to achieve desired delivery times.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Manipulates Microsoft Excel workbooks to extract various data and uses this data to develop presentations for high-ranking Navy officials.
- Collaborates with various entities to generate, update, and maintain various policies, including Standard Operating Procedures, in Microsoft Word to improve logistics support.
- Generates, updates, and maintains presentations in Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Reaches out to various organizations to collect periodic progress updates that will be used for tracking purposes.
- Forecasts inventory usage based on historic trends and pre-defined projection equations.
- 2-5 years of related experience in logistics, traffic and/or supply chain management.
- Candidate will be required to demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Must be extremely proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Must be a highly organized individual.
The following are preferred, but not required:
- Prior Navy Enterprise Resource Planning (N-ERP) experience.
- Familiarity with Navy CASREP system.
- Familiarity with Navy One Touch system.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.