To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Davenport, IA
- Phone: 5637233709
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Variable Shift Production Supervisor
Volt • Davenport, IA
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Do you have leadership experience working in a manufacturing environment where Lean and/or Six Sigma principles were employed for continuous improvement? Are you proficient working with teams across the organization to get the job done? If so, you may be the candidate we are looking for!
Volt is seeking a Variable Shift Production Supervisor to work onsite at John Deere’s facility in Davenport, IA. This is a contingent position forecasted for one year.
Within this role, you will:
- Supervise production, maintenance, and/or warehouse employees
- Administer employee policies, practices, procedures, and work rules appropriate for the unit
- Coordinate departmental continuous improvement plans and activities
- Ensure that assigned personnel have appropriate training, work instruction, and tools to successfully do their job
- Establish employee environment regarding communications, feedback, and overall guidance
- Manage and control costs to stay within the department operating budget targets
- Monitor individual performance and take corrective action including discipline, as needed, and respond to complaints ensuring the company and employees adhere to the policies, practices, procedures, and work rule
- Resolve various systems, parts, people, or process issues to correct deficiencies, reduce costs, improve processes/performance
- Supervise the execution of departmental plans to achieve objectives in safety, quality, schedule, efficiency, and continuous improvement
- Work with the Safety Team to meet company standards and enforce safety regulations to prevent and eliminate injuries
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred; high school diploma/GED required
- 2+ years of supervisory experience in a warehouse/manufacturing environment
- Proficiency with computers, including Excel and Outlook
- Ability to work 1st, 2nd and 3rd shift – the shift for this position may vary every couple of months or as needed. Weekends will be required based on a rotating schedule with other workers, so as a result, OT will be required. Candidates must be willing to work the off-shift, OT and some weekends to be considered.
- Safety shoes with internal metatarsal protection
*** This position is located in Davenport, IA. Candidates must be able to relocate to this location at their own expense. ***
Must be available to work on W2 for Volt. No C2C or 3rd party vendors please.
As a Volt employee, you can expect the highest level of support. We have a long-standing tradition of developing lasting and mutually beneficial relationships with our employees. Contact a Volt representative by applying to this posting online for immediate consideration. Submit your resume today!
If you do not meet all the qualifications for this position, be sure to visit http://jobs.volt.com to find other available positions that you may qualify for.
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.