To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Hampton, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
HVAC DDC Controls Technician - United States
CH2M & Jacobs • Hampton, VA
Posted 26 days ago
Jacobs has partnered with NASA to support space flight programs for more than 40 years. While the majority of work is directly in support of LaRC, other industry partners and Government agencies may be supported at remote sites as directed by the Contracting Officer (CO). The Center Maintenance, Operations, and Engineering (CMOE) contract comprises of three major categories of work operations, maintenance, and engineering (OME), as described below. •Maintenance Research and institutional facility maintenance includes, but not limited to, preventive maintenance, trouble calls, repairs, Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM), Facility Condition Assessment (FCA), and maintenance/operation of central utilities (e.g., electrical power distribution, potable water, storm water drainage) •Operations Facilities Operations support includes, but not limited to, wind tunnels, laboratories, and test stands testing, instrumentation calibration/repair; plant and utilities (e.g., high pressure air, Liquid Nitrogen (LN2) and Steam Plant); technology development and administration, including, but not limited to, Facility Automation Systems (FAS) and Data Acquisition Systems (DAS) •Engineering Facility engineering includes, but not limited to, engineering studies, design, construction, construction management, configuration management, tactical engineering, pressure system recertification, project management/planning support.
- Monitor and troubleshoot anomalies on the LaRC computerized building automation monitoring system in the Integrated Operations Center (IOC) which consists of the energy management and HVAC control systems, the base power dispatcher and the Duty Officer Industrial Alarms
- Ability to program override modifications and troubleshoot issues using the graphical interfaces in the Trane Ensemble workstation due to changes in building occupancy or calls to support the air-conditioning and electrical shops with HVAC equipment
- Responds to all industrial alarms using written procedures
- Monitor power distribution on the NASA campus and work with the NASA Energy Manager to look for opportunities to reduce power consumption and build in efficiencies in the use of energy
- Reduce energy costs where feasible by maintaining environmental and temperature set points
- Must have knowledge and practical experience troubleshooting Direct Digital Controlled (DDC) systems and their electrical interfaces with commercial HVAC equipment
- Be dependable, reliable and be able to work in a customer service environment
- This is a 24/7 operation which consists of three shifts
U.S. Citizenship required. Two (2) years of college with course in engineering or associated discipline, and six (6) years of related experience or any equivalent combination of education and/or experience for a total of eight (8) years. Position requires comprehensive knowledge of programs gained through long and varied work experience in field of HVAC. Must be able to effectively communicate both orally and written with effective use of visual aids. Should be able to use computing technology for problem analysis and solution. Must be able to effectively communicate both orally and written with effective use of visual aids.
- Journeyman's certification in industrial HVAC
- Requires comprehensive knowledge of Energy Management programs gained through long and varied work experience in field of specialty
- Must be able to interpret drawings, trend graphs, services manuals, and the reading of all required precision instruments
- Must be knowledgeable of component OEM repair methods and STDs Interfaces with internal and external customers to satisfy utility demands
- Must be able to effectively communicate both orally and written with effective use of visual aids. Should be able to use computing technology for problem analysis and solution.
Office Environment (50-65%)
Test/Industrial Environment May be exposed to areas of high noise levels, hazardous propellants, explosives, chemicals and industrial facilities. Travel between facilities and test sites is required (<25%)
Potential exposure to high noise levels, hazardous chemicals, propellants and the like. Appropriate PPE and training will be provided for all conditions. Must be able to walk, stand, bend, twist and sit for extended periods as well as climb, crawl in confined spaces, and lift up to 35 lbs. (35%)
Equipment and Machines
Facility operations display/keyboards/mechanical/electrical control/HMI, standard office equipment (PC, telephone, fax, copier, etc.) Software: MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) (50-65%)
Regular attendance mandatory (100%)
Overtime/work outside normal schedule required (<20%)
Other Essential Functions
U.S. Citizenship required. Must be able to work in a team atmosphere. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety/risk hazard to the employee or others. Must be able to balance scope, schedule and budget to insure project success. The work environment requires the ability to cooperate and work with individuals at all levels of the company and the client. Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance as required. A valid drivers license is required.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
For more information, visit web address removed>