WHO WE ARE
Michael Baker International is a leading provider of [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Project Manager II - Rail & Transit, including design, planning, environmental, construction and program management. The company provides its comprehensive range of services and solutions to support U.S. federal, state, and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker’s more than 3,000 employees across nearly 100 locations are committed to a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve challenges for clients and communities throughout the country. To learn more, visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Project Manager II - Rail & Transit. RAILROAD & TRANSIT PRACTICE
Michael Baker International’s approach to helping rail and transit clients meet their challenges is focused on developing viable solutions for planning, designing, constructing, operating, financing and sustaining a modern mobility infrastructure that leverages the ever-evolving world of technology. Michael Baker International’s team provides value by first understanding our clients’ needs then working with them as partners to identify innovative and cost-effective solutions that optimize opportunities for success. Consistently ranked by Engineering News-Record as a Top 25 Rail & Transit design firm, Michael Baker International has the expertise to deliver modern infrastructure systems with a budget conscious approach. DESCRIPTION
As part of MBI’s growing Rail and Transit Practice, the Project Manager will be responsible for supporting the Rail Practice in the Philadelphia office primarily for clients including SEPTA, AMTRAK and the DRPA in addition to our growing Northeast Regional Rail/Transit practice with NJT, MBTA, RIDOT, ConnDOT, and freight carriers. This is an opportunity to grow and develop, recruit and mentor a diverse group of railroad and transit professionals in the planning, design and provision of construction and program management services for all types of railroad and transit projects. This individual is tasked with leading client engagement to represent all of Michael Baker International’s capabilities in Planning, Engineering and Construction Services as a primary responsibility. The Project Manager oversees all aspects of the railroad and transit project development process from the initial planning and environmental review stages through design, construction and implementation. The PM works on a broad range of modal operational projects with an emphasis on passenger rail, freight rail, and rapid transit. This individual closely coordinates with Office Executive Staff in Philadelphia and the Regional Leadership Team.
- Serve as the Railroad and Transit Group Lead for the Philadelphia office; managing the technical activities of the Railroad and Transit practice locally.
- Client Manager to some of Michael Baker’s Philadelphia area clients leading technical marketing and proposal pursuits for the procurement of key projects.
- Develop project scopes, fees and schedules for design contracts.
- Design infrastructure and facilities lead post-design services during construction; construction services and program management services.
- Meet with regional agency managers, departments and senior staff to discuss rail and transit project opportunities and the current needs of the agencies.
- Apply your understanding of rail and transit operations and understanding of the environmental review process to develop solutions and mentor staff.
- Involvement in Rail and Transit planning including the development of alternatives analyses.
- Participate in other client activities and national events such as APTA and AREMA.
- Work with our recruiting team to identify, interview and select outstanding candidates to develop and grow our engineering staff within Rail Engineering.
- Most importantly you will feel a sense of pride in knowing that you are helping to build the future of the organization and improving the lives of the people in the communities we serve!
MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or related field, or equivalent work experience; and at least 12-15 years of experience in the railroad and transit industry.
- Professional Engineer’s license in PA required; NJ PE preferred.
- Must have effective interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a wide range of technical specialists, clients, and public officials.
- Knowledge and expertise in the business development process.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a collaborative manner with a diverse group will be essential.
- Review, monitor, and understand engineering design and operational information, and to present and review this information with staff, management, and clients.
- Familiarity and experience with railroad and transit design specifications and requirements including AREMA standards.
- Set and maintain schedules and deadlines and hold yourself and others to account for the same.
- Light area and regional travel.
- Excellent English language skills, written and verbal, are essential for success in this role.
- Possess a passion for Michael Baker International’s mission and a readiness to “Make a Difference.”
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
EEO is the Law. Applicants to and employees of Michael Baker International are protected under Federal law from discrimination.