Global, Local, Total
National Express Transit (NEXT)
is a rapidly growing provider of transit, paratransit, and shuttle services for transit authorities, municipalities and other clients across the country. NEXT is the US-based public transportation division of UK-based National Express Group, providers of nearly one billion safe journeys each year. We are currently seeking a General Manager I
for our Public Transit Location in Hesperia, CA.
- Delivers overall performance and results for the Public Transit Location.
- Collaborates with company leaders to understand overall business goals and creates a location operating plan to support these objectives.
- Ensures the location s a “customer-centric” team that is focused on building strong and effective partnerships
- Develops Location plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges as guided by the Regional Manager and company standard operating procedures and policies.
- Communicates company values, strategies and objectives in an effort to share information and while encouraging feedback and input.
- Review budgets and develop the annual operating plan business review.
- Develop short and long-range business plans to increase incremental business, revenues and margins.
- Directs, coaches and develops Location staff including Operations Manager, Dispatcher, Office Administrator, Operators, Maintenance, and Safety Manager to obtain the required skills and abilities to act independently in their job assignments.
- Builds company image by collaborating with customers, government, community organizations, and employees while demonstrating strong and ethical business practices.
- Creates a culture of safety while providing a high quality of service.
- Identifies key safety issues affecting the safety of passengers and employees and takes corrective action to resolve these concerns
- Meets regularly with customers to review service quality and performance.
- Enhances and builds on current customer relationships to ensure customer retention.
- Works with Regional Vice President and Marketing & Sales department in gathering data and assisting in the sales process in pursuit of new business
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, management or related field or 10-12 years of comparable experience; MBA preferred
- At least 3 years of supervisory experience and P&L oversight
- Proven ability to meet service delivery expectations including customer and safety
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Bi-lingual abilities a plus
- Knowledge of risk assessment to resolve customer issues which do not expose the Company to unnecessary risk.
- Knowledge of the companies, service promise, services, capabilities, policies, procedures and practices to effectively manage Location personnel.
- Knowledge of customer service best practices to build strong customer relationships
- Knowledge of contract administration principles and practices to develop contractual agreements and/or Requests for Proposal documents.
- Knowledge of leadership and management practices and techniques.
National Express LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information please visit http://www.nationalexpresstransit.com at http://www.nationalexpresstransit.com/ or http://www.nellc.com at http://www.nellc.com/ .
Key Words : Transportation Manager, Manager of Transportation, Transportation Manager, Transit Manager, Location Manager, Contract Manager, Assistant Transportation Director, Transportation Director, Transportation Director, Bus, Buses, Coaches, Passenger, Charter, Transportation, Transit, Para transit, Special Needs Transportation, Logistics, Operations, Transport, Route, CMF 88, 88M, 88N, 88Z
Customer Relationship Management
Provide Actionable Feedback