Under general supervision, the Security Officer is responsible for maintaining a safe and secure environment for all team members, members, owners and guests. While following and enforcing all company policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Conducts patrols of the common areas, offices, work and storage areas, as well as being observant and reporting any safety or security deficiencies.
- Responsible for operating and monitoring all security equipment to include radios, Automated External Defibrillator (AED), Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), master keys and the resort’s key card system.
- Responsible for logging all hard keys, visitor badges, parking passes, as well as lost and found property according to the company policy and procedure.
- Provides continuous professionalism and courtesy with every guest and team member interaction.
- Conducts preliminary investigations and obtains all information, photographs, statements and evidence for incident reports.
- Responsible for maintaining CPR/AED certification.
- Responsible for completing all incident and/ or injury reports for submission to risk management HR and resort management in a timely fashion.
- Identifies and assists management with trespassing problematic guests, visitors or team members.
- Maintains confidentiality of all security related matters at all times.
- Participates and assists management, as well as first responders in emergency situations.
- Conducts inspections of, and responsible for notifying management if any deficiencies are found with the security department’s vehicles or equipment.
- Escorts team members or vendors through secure areas.
- Conducts key and safe assists as assigned.
- Acts as a witness to cash drops.
- Completes all required Company trainings and compliance courses as assigned.
- Adheres to Company standards and maintains compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of six (6) months of experience in the customer service field required.
- No prior supervisory experience required.
LICENSE & CERTIFICATIONS
- This position does not include supervisory experience.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- CPR/AED Certification (Adult, Infant, and Child Rescue).
- First Aid Certification.
- Driver’s License (non-commercial) – must be state specific.
This position requires the capability to understand and follow both oral and written directions as well as knowledge and usage of correct business English and office practices. Must be able to communicate effectively with others, analyze and resolve problems, maintain effective working relationships, and interact successfully with internal and external customers.
Specific skills and abilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ability to prepare reports and written correspondence.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proficient in time management; the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to take initiative and effectively adapt to changes.
- Recognizes an emergency situation and take appropriate action.
- Able to establish and maintain a cooperative working relation.
- Ability to interpret and create spreadsheets.
- Able to use sound judgement; work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Able to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature, with impending deadlines and/or established timeframes.
- Competent in public speaking.
- Performs well with frequent interruptions and/or distractions.
Automated External Defibrillator