One of the largest health insurers in the nation is focused on continuously building an industry-defining, world-class IT capability. Healthcare is forever evolving, especially due to emerging technologies, making this a great experience to add to your resume. Come join their winning team!
This contract role as an Administrative Assistant in Chicago, IL is responsible for exercising considerable discretion and independent judgment while performing secretarial, administrative and office management duties for a Divisional Sr. Vice President including composing and typing correspondence, report development, meeting coordination, maintenance of confidential documents, and screening phone calls and visitors. This role is remote until a return to work is established.
Performs varied secretarial and administrative duties exercising considerable discretion and independent judgment including or comparable to most of the following:
• Perform secretarial and administrative duties and maintain office in absence of the Divisional Sr. VP. Expedite requests from corporate management directed to the Divisional Sr. VP and perform administrative follow up for the Divisional Sr. VP on pending matters.
• Compose, type, and transcribe routine correspondence, reports, forms, and similar material in final form using a personal computer. Ensure correctly worded documents with a professional appearance at all times.
• Compile special reports and charts, requiring data collection from several sources, based on specific instructions as to the nature and purpose of these charts and reports. Participate in the budgeting process as needed.
• Establish and maintain confidential files, files of corporate records, official documents, and other information for reference purposes. Research files for information upon request. Dispose of records according to established retention procedures.
• Maintain office controls to ensure the timely submission of correspondence and reports. Consolidate reports when appropriate.
• Research and resolve inquiries related to the function of the division.
• Process payment for invoices and maintains departmental billing, budget, and payment data.
• Participate in the budget process as requested, i.e. review budget reports, monitor variances, enter data in budget system, etc.
• Screen telephone calls and visitors; route misdirected calls to other appropriate individuals in the organization. Open, scan, and arrange mail in order of importance. Schedule appointments, maintain master calendar and place outgoing phone calls for the Divisional Sr. VP. Provide, prepare or obtain information from records based on knowledge of the organization.
• Assume responsibility for keeping up to date on organizational changes, and corporate policies and procedures. Safeguard the confidentiality of all information related to executive functions.
• Handle special projects including scheduling and coordinating meetings, making travel arrangements, arranging for luncheons, and sending out invitations.
• Attend management and other meetings for the Divisional Sr. VP.
• Prepare summaries of decisions and commitments made at meetings and conferences.
• Perform various miscellaneous functions, i.e., maintain personal files, screen internal/external publications outlining pertinent information.
• Advise support staff in answering problems involving procedural and workflow.
• Maintain a thorough knowledge of the organizational structure.
• May lead other administrative assistants within the division.
• Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with co-workers, management, customers, etc.
• Comply with HIPAA, Diversity Principles, Corporate Integrity, Compliance Program policies and other applicable corporate and departmental policies.
• Maintain complete confidentiality of company business.
• Maintain communication with management regarding developments within areas of assigned responsibilities and perform special projects as required or requested.
• High School Diploma or G.E.D.
• 4 years of administrative support experience.
• Knowledge of office procedures and equipment.
• Verbal and written communication skills, including punctuation, composition, sentence structure, etc.
• High degree of confidentiality.
• Independent judgment and initiative and act with authority as needed.
• PC proficiency to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Lotus Notes
Solving IT is pleased to offer a rich benefit plan to our W2 employees. We offer five health plan options and a PPO dental plan through Blue Cross Blue Shield, Term Life/AD&D Insurance, and 401(k) Savings Plan. Solving IT subsidizes the health and dental premium for the employee.
As you continue to develop your skills and experience, Solving IT will work with your changing preferences to match you with rewarding projects. Our unrivaled reputation for quality is demonstrated through our Inavero Best of Staffing award that was won due to the feedback from our own clients and candidates. We also love to socialize and have fun so we have regularly scheduled parties and events for you to unwind and network with fellow consultants.
Whether you are searching for your next challenge or just looking to stay on top of market trends, Solving IT is committed to help position you appropriately. By leveraging the latest market and compensation data available, you can rest assured that you are getting more than just an informed opinion. You are getting the Solving IT Experience.
- Sentence (Linguistics)
- Office Management
- Telephone Skills