Ready to tackle the challenges of the vehicle of the future? Join Valeo and revolutionize the conditions of visibility for both drivers and passengers!
- Responsible for product architecture definition (Mechanics, Optics, Electronics) according to Valeo and Automotive Spice System Process standards.
- Lead design-to-cost review within design center
Analyze the product requirements
- Analyze the stakeholders needs (Customer and Valeo)
- Collect requirements from the stakeholders
- Define the functional and nonfunctional product requirements
- Identify the system functions and allocate requirements per functions
- Use modeling and simulation techniques to ensure correct requirement definition upfront
Design the product architecture
- Elaborate the function breakdown in order to allow allocation on sub-systems
- Lead the system architecture definition, provide a product breakdown structure
- Allocate function and detailed requirements to each sub-system
- Define the interfaces between sub-system and ensure interoperability
Design to cost
- Propose physical architecture alternatives and select the best compromise in collaboration with component contributors and process engineer (Platform integrator, Electronic ECU, Mechanical and Optical architect)
- Support RFQs, lead architecture concept definition and deliver the compliance matrix
- Contribute to the product functional development plan, contribute to scheduling product function maturity level per customer delivery
Secure product robustness and apply standards
- Conduct product design FMEA, identify/quote technical risks and propose architectural solutions to mitigate
- In coordination with component contributors and Validation Engineer contribute to the integration and validation plan
- Enforce standards métier solutions
- Support métier Design Review
Contribute to métier improvement
- Capture and document architecture best practices and share between design centers
- Capitalization of the know-how (standardization, specifications, technical reports, processes and guidelines)
- Interface with customer for métier architecture content
Lets talk about you...
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Mechanical or Electrical
- Minimum of 4 years experience with system and hardware, for embedded solutions preferred
- Experience in the automotive industry preferred
- Familiar with the development and documentation of system architectures, especially for system and component specifications
- Experience with headlamp / rear lamp development with full electronic / embedded software preferred
As the crossroads of mid-America, Seymour enjoys the finest of both worlds... a community of 20,000 where the comfort of John Mellencamp's small town is valued, and within one hour of the amenities of two of the largest cities in the Midwest, Indianapolis and Louisville. There are a wide variety of community and family oriented activities year-round. Strong business community with a strong industrial base, retail growth and service sector.
Thanks to its strategy based on innovation, Valeo is at the heart of the three revolutions that are revolutionizing the automobile\: the electrification of the vehicle, the advent of the autonomous and connected vehicle, and the development of digital mobility.
Revolutions that Valeo has anticipated and that are today synonymous with great career opportunities, including abroad! At Valeo, innovation is driven by diversity, authenticity and the energy of its talents. Would you like to live new technological and human adventures? Join Valeo and its 111,600 employees in 33 countries!
- Automotive Industry
- Concept Image And Concept Definition
- Development Planning
- Embedded Software