Design Group operates from more than 45 offices in the United States and India, providing engineering, consulting and technical services for the world’s leading companies in the food and beverage, life sciences, advanced technology, industrial and other market sectors. Our nearly 1,500 technical and engineering experts have direct industry experience in industrial automation, control system integration, facility and process engineering, architecture, construction management, regulatory compliance, enterprise technology and other consulting services.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
As a Project Manager for the Information Solutions team you will have overall responsibility to lead and develop projects with clients across multiple industry sectors primarily focused on Information Solutions scope. This scope can include projects related to SCADA, MES, reporting, IoT, data collection, reporting, or analytics.
- Technical project execution within the Information Solutions group, which includes budget, schedule, quality, and customer satisfaction.
- Interface with clients to define and manage scope on complex projects. This will require significant technical knowledge as well as project management skills
- Convey a positive image of Design Group and support for the development of strong Culture consistent with the Guiding Principles of Leadership.
- Support our Leadership teams in securing engineering engagements with current and future Design Group clients, which includes proposal preparation, estimating, contract negotiation, order processing, and project set-up.
- Planning of project workload and staffing of projects to ensure the proper execution of the work. Staffing strategy includes communication and coordination within the Information Solutions team
- Leveraging firm-wide Design Group standards and procedures for the execution of Information Solutions projects. This includes participating on councils responsible for overseeing and adopting firm-wide standards.
- Drive projects to completion and dive into technical details as necessary to support the project team’s direction and execution
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key client contacts.
- Working with finance to ensure proper reporting of activities and project invoicing
- Minimum 5 years of experience in developing and providing automation solutions for the consumer products, life science and/or industrial industries.
- Technical experience should include architecting and implementation of SCADA, MES, data collection/reporting systems in various platforms. Strong preference for experience with Ignition, Rockwell, or Wonderware
- Prior experience as a system integrator is a plus
- Experience should include a strong record of the successful client interface.
- Candidate must possess good communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to interact with all levels of management, clients, and vendors.
- Willing and able to travel as necessary for project requirements to include but not be limited to: project installation and start-up activities, client meetings, company sponsored meetings, trainings, industry related seminars, forums, or conventions, etc.
- Minimum B.S. in Engineering field is preferred, but consideration will be given to other computer or software degrees based on actual experience.
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications, background screening and/or skills assessments.