The Whole Loan Transaction Manager position will manage loan sales, bulk purchases and securitizations for the Bayview non-agency mortgage team. This position will work with the non-agency capital markets SVPs, the non-agency underwriters and external counterparties such as loan sellers and buyers to facilitate buying, selling and securitizing. This individual will have strong mortgage transactional knowledge and history facilitating secondary market transactions. This position requires the individual to possess an ability to work in a fast paced environment, manage complex processes and numerous counterparties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Facilitate whole loan purchases and sales as well as securitizations.
- Work with buyers and sellers to deliver and clear loan collateral.
- Drive internal and external participants to make timely delivery.
- Organize and schedule all key events related to transactions.
- Work with customers to ensure they have an excellent customer experience.
- Protect Bayview by ensuring all deliverables are received for each transaction.
- Promote a culture of innovation by continuously challenging the staff to seek out process improvement initiatives, automation enhancements and idea generation to ensure the transactions are being run optimally.
- Responsible for guiding workflows and monitoring the work output of others.
- Exercise exemplary corporate citizenship including strict adherence to compliance requirements and Bayview’s tenets
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Proven ability to manage secondary mortgage market transactions including securitization.
- In depth knowledge of mortgage lending, mortgage collateral and secondary market transactions.
- Comfort driving complex transactions.
- Strong communication skills with both internal and external constituents.
- The ability to meet deadlines.
- Eagerness to be in a dynamic environment and learn and expand responsibilities.
- Willingness to be part of a team that focuses on time-sensitive products with dynamic views and goals.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience.
- Strong background in MS Office.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, AND/OR REGISTRATION:
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to handle, touch or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk and hear. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms. The employee is rarely required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Bayview is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected