To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Suitland, MD 20746
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Apex Systems • Suitland, MD
Posted 2 months ago
Apex Systems is seeking a Project Manager to support a government client based out of Tyson's Corner VA and Suitland MD. If interested, please send your resume to Madeline Joy at email@example.com.
Job Role and Responsibilities
You will be responsible for leading high-value engagements to meet customer requirements and business metrics. We use standard Project management techniques and processes to lead project activities, schedules, resourcing, costs, and technical solutions to achieve customer outcomes.
You will support the end customer in the following areas: project management, delivery engagement quality, project reporting, revenue forecasting and recognition, billable utilization, interactions with internal staffs (e.g. Business Units, Marketing, Technical Support, Contracts Management, Finance), project reporting, and customer success.
- Collaborate with professional services delivery partners
- Software engineering teams
- We are the critical interface for customers and partners
- Manage engagement per the internal and industry standard process
- Prepare use cases/test scenarios for environmental validation.
- Ensure project measurement and quality assurance metrics are developed, tracked and reported.
- Work with clients and partners to troubleshoot and resolve installation challenges.
- Assist sales and business development initiatives, such as demos, presentations, tradeshows
- Provide project oversight, leadership, and customer relationship management
- Project Planning – high-level plan development, integration to portfolio governance process
- Scope Management – initiation, scope planning, scope definition, scope verification, scope change control
- Time Management – activity definition, sequencing, and duration estimating; schedule development and control
- Risk Management – risk identification, quantification, response development, and response control
- Quality Management – quality planning, assurance, and control
- Communications Management – planning, information distribution, performance reporting, administrative closure
Customer Happiness – handling customer expectation and soliciting customer feedback
- Contribute to development and maintenance of PMO standards, processes, and standard methodologies
- Actively identify business opportunities and other activities that impact future business during engagements (either Services or Licenses) and inform sales or management team
- Considerable experience in customer-facing positions in a professional services firm, preferably with an IT software, management consulting, and within the US Federal Government.
- Validated medium or large scale project management experience
- Confirmed experience of successfully leading projects
- Technically aware to run technically complex projects.
- Ability to work within a team and provide the leadership for the professional services engagement
- Self-motivated and able to deliver high-quality deliverables.
- Previous experience in a client facing consulting role delivering virtualization services will be advantageous
- Use of formal project management tools (e.g., MS-Project, Visio, etc.)
- Ability to run and shift priorities quickly and effectively when needed.
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Strong analytical as well as interpersonal skills with an ability to handle challenging client demands
- B.S./B.A./M.S. degree or equivalent training /experience
- PMP/PRINCE certification (or equivalent) highly desirable
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178