$50000.00 to $60000.00 yearly
Robert Half Finance is looking for an outstanding Financial Analyst to join a fast-growing Financial Services company. In this Financial Analyst position, you will be tasked with measuring, analyzing, and forecasting performance in conjunction with operating plans and conducting financial modeling on a wide range of financial products. In addition to preparing reports for management, you will help advise management on the distribution of resources to best complete objectives. You will focus on areas like forecasting, performance reporting, and expense management as a business partner on tis dynamic team. The daily tasks of a Financial Analyst position includes supporting world class strategic and financial planning methods, building long-range operating plans to support business imperatives and developing rolling forecast processes to ensure resources every quarter are consumed at maximum effectiveness. Additional aspects of this position include operationalizing and cultivating a more data-driven planning process and improved monthly and quarterly reporting. In this role, you will be directly involved in the coordination of various planning cycles (annual planning, quarterly forecasts and monthly outlooks), while providing strategic analyses and recommendations. You will provide variance analysis of bookings, revenues and expenses, clearly explaining the business reasons for variances and adjusting the outlook models to reflect operational adjustments. This Financial Analyst role is located in the Glen Allen, Virginia, and it is a full-time employment opportunity.
- Work alongside cross-functional partners in Accounting and Operations to ensure plans are properly executed
- Endorse weekly, quarterly and annual Area/Segment-level Bookings as well as P&L forecasting
- Work alongside senior executives on strategic deep dives to create financial models and insights on topics such as: Retention forecasts, event tracking and execution, Campaign Planning & Tracking, return on investment of strategic investments, and strategic resource allocation, and prioritization
- Deliver effective Business Intelligence (BI) to provide valuable foresight and decision support
- This position requires a flexible individual who is adept at managing expectations and comfortable with handling large amounts of information
- Produce and manage forecasting reports
- Work on monthly and quarterly financial close processes in collaboration with the Accounting team
- Drive monthly reporting to business partners on financial results and if any actions are required
- Explain and understand internal and external drivers impacting performance and trending
- Keep tabs on monthly and quarterly performance through the comparison of actuals versus expectations, ensuring that business partners handle their resources
- Survey performance to date and assess potential risks and opportunities
- Less than one year of experience
- Financial planning & analysis (go-to-market experience considered)
- Skills in problem solving through statistical analysis or with large data sets highly desired (such as in derivatives, structured finance, or business analytics or in a similarly demanding and analytical role)
- Strong communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, both oral and written, and ability to build as well as deliver effective presentations
- Sound written and verbal communication skills
- BA/BS degree in finance or a related field
- Skill with Business Intelligence (BI) reporting tools required
- Spreadsheet and ERP system experience is a plus
- Ability to recognize, evaluate, and resolve problems effectively
- Adeptness in Qualifications Bachelors Degree
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial reporting
- Deep understanding of Data Analysis
- Foundational knowledge in Data Analysis Tools
- Forecasting & modeling experience required
- Experience with Data Analytics
- Financial modeling experience desired
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers for decades. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at
for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
By clicking 'Apply Now' you are agreeing to Robert Half [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Financial Analyst.