To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lanham, MD 20706
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Events Manager - Lanham, MD
Hargrove Inc • Lanham, MD
Posted 14 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Come join our team! Hargrove is a world-class creator of experiential environments that delivers customized solutions for clients to tell their story, expand their brand and reach their target markets with innovative experiences.
We are looking for a full time Events Manager. The Events Manager is responsible for the pre-planning of an event, onsite installation of the event, dismantle of the event, and properly loaded return of items from the event to the Hargrove facility. This position is critical as we strive to meet customer expectations, maintain Hargrove quality standards and achieve financial budget goals.
The manager will work in tandem with the all internal departments to ensure the successful execution of his/her assigned event. This position reports to the Events Operations Manager.
Responsibilities and Essential Duties
- The Events Manager is required to be on-job site from beginning of event installation through dismantle. The Event Manager will ensure engineered detail drawings are followed during installation
- Responsible for having daily 3pm status update meetings with staff on show site.
- The Event Manager will develop a dismantle plan which include trucking needed and times for drivers, labor required and call backs of labor for outbound, and show specific items to be saved. The saved items will be communicated to the dock supervisor through proper paperwork.
- The Event Manager will write a post-show report evaluating all aspects of the job and areas of improvement.
- Required to attend production meetings on assigned jobs - the overall scope of work and installation timelines will be defined during these meetings.
- Accountable for the development of the production schedule listing areas of work, number of workers and start and finish times for each per budget requirements.
- Accountable for submitting labor calls to the Operations Labor Coordinator along with a production schedule to ensure efficient use of union personnel on all Hargrove projects within established Budgets.
- Responsible for submitting load lists of all equipment needed along with delivery times to the facility. Also responsible for ensuring the loading of equipment is handled and completed properly.
- Responsible for planning scissor, fork and boom lifts which will be required onsite.
- The Event Manager is accountable for confirming Installation times.
- Responsible for developing a transportation plan for delivery of equipment with the transportation department.
- The Event Manager is responsible for meeting with the internal Dock Manager to discuss how trucks are to be loaded and ensure all items are pulled and loaded correctly by being available on the dock during load times.
- Required to participate in ongoing training.
- Responsible for signing in and out all union workers along with approving time sheets.
- The Event Manager is responsible for onsite safety by ensuring safe work practices are practiced. He will begin each shift with a safety talk prior to work commencing.
- Must be available to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as required. Overnight installations and travel is required.
- Performs other duties as assigned and deemed necessary by management.
- 4 to 6 years' experience in on-site event management. Experience in tradeshows and exhibits is a plus.
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings.
- Experience with exhibit systems such as Agam or Octonorm is preferred.
- Ability to understand and manage to a budget estimate.
- Excellent professional written and oral communication skills to effectively communicate with Hargrove personnel, venue staff and clients when needed.
- Must have ability to multi-task in fast paced environment, competently handling demanding deadlines.
- Resourcefulness- candidate must possess innovative problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Strong work ethic, enthusiasm, and positive attitude.
- Ability and initiative to work independently and part of a team.
- Willingness to learn and develop new skills.
- Leadership skills- ability to delegate and provide direction.
Coordinate project activities and work in a team environment with internal entities (e.g. Finance IT, Operations, Marketing, Fabrication, Graphics, Accounting, HR) and external entities (e.g. a full complement of vendors, suppliers and other stakeholders).
Most of the position holders' work will take place in a climate controlled environment. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 5 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
Hargrove is a full-service provider of customized experiential environments. Using creativity, innovation and a passion for storytelling, we design, and build immerse experiences for events, exhibits, expositions and experiential marketing activations around the world. With over 70 years of industry experience, we provide solutions for some of the world's most recognized corporations, associations and government agencies. What sets us apart is our desire to do whatever it takes to ensure our clients' success.
Why Work at Hargrove
In addition to your salary, Hargrove offers Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability, Critical Illness, Accident Insurance, LegalShield, and 401(k). Hargrove is headquartered on a 77-acre site just east of the Capital Beltway and minutes from downtown Washington, DC. At Hargrove, our customer's success is our success. Come join our team!
Hargrove, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity (M/F/D/V) and Affirmative Action employer.