Our client is looking for an AR Account Manager to join the team. This role is permanent/ direct hire.
The client is a well known and global food distribution company located in Bayonne, NJ. This role is based 5 days on site with a half day on Friday.
Role & Responsibilities: We are looking for a results-driven and detail-oriented Senior AR Account Manager with trade deductions/chargeback experience who will take shared ownership of A/R and Collection activities:
* Oversee financial account management of assigned distributor accounts, national retailer stores, and/or supermarket chains
* Determine and execute collections by reviewing the customer aging report, payment terms, payment history, approved credit lines, and payment plans while maintaining positive customer relations
* Post and apply cash, check, and credit card transactions to customer accounts with accuracy and recording this information in the ledger
* Effectively manage proper account reconciliation in the resolution of past due and short paid invoices, unapplied credits, and payments
* Retrieve customer backup via email or customer portals and verify validity of deductions by researching and analyzing information from various department (sales, warehouse, etc.)
* Reconcile valid chargebacks by processing credit memos within company policy and parameters
* Dispute and secure reimbursement of invalid or unauthorized deductions and audits by filing disputes and counterclaims
Skills and Qualifications:
* 2+ year(s) of work experience in Accounts Receivable preferably in the Food & Beverage industry
* Knowledge of full A/R cycle: Invoicing, Aging, Collections, Credits, Chargebacks, and Account Reconciliation
* Experience researching and disputing trade deductions (scans, markdowns, MCBs, floorstock, etc.)
* Experience working with customers such as Ahold, Wakefern, KeHE, UNFI, DPI, etc.
* Experience working with an ERP system strongly preferred
* Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, and Excel)
* Solid Excel skills including formulas, VLOOKUP, pivot tables.
* Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
* Ability to work independently and collaboratively
* U.S. Work Authorization
Competitive salary and benefits package.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Accounts Receivable
- Attention To Detail
- Customer Relationship Management