To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Simsbury, CT 06070
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Legal Bill Auditor
Kforce Finance and Accounting • Simsbury, CT
Posted 1 month ago
RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client that is seeking a Legal Bill Auditor in Simsbury, Connecticut (CT). Summary: The mission of the Claim Litigation Management Unit (LMU) is to provide the company insureds with the highest quality legal services to cost effectively resolve their claims. The LMU delivers on this mission by reviewing invoices from US and Canadian based law firms that provide claims related legal services to the company and its insureds. Essential Duties:
- Review, analyze, and audit invoices submitted by defense counsel and others for compliance with guidelines. Confer with claim staff, law firm personnel and other vendor staff in order to identify billing issues and inconsistencies with Billing Guidelines
- Seek additional information from law firms, claim handlers or others for completion of the bill review process and reach final resolution on submitted invoices
- Evaluate the performance of counsel and other vendors relating to billing practices and work with the unit manager, law firms, insureds, brokers, and claim staff to resolve issues
- Work closely with claim staff and internal/external partners to finalize audit decisions
- Identify firm billing trends and proactively elevate issues to manager.
- Meet or exceed productivity requirements as outlined by your Manager, process all invoices within applicable time frames
- Maintain a courteous and professional manner at all times
- Perform any and all duties as assigned and related to the goals of the Department and Company
- Law degree/JD required
- 3 years of litigation, claims, and/or bill review experience; understanding of legal hourly billing practices
- Experienced in handling all aspects of a lawsuit including but not limited to pleadings, motion practice, discovery including e-discovery, trial experience a plus
- Knowledge of the litigation process, claim litigation handling and litigation management protocols
- Proven ability to interact effectively at various levels within the corporation and with law firm personnel
- Negotiation and problem resolution skills
- Strong computer literacy with background knowledge of excel (Pivot Tables, Formulas) and time metrics auditing software a plus
- Strong analytical, writing and communication skills
- Creative self-starter with strong organizational skills
- Solid computer skills
- Ability to maintain -big picture- view while maintaining attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team