- Job Objective: A brief overview of the position.
- With minimal supervision, a Registered Nurse who demonstrates advanced clinical and communication skills. Under the direction of the supervisor & clinical director, is responsible for optimal provision of quality patient care and assists with functioning of an assigned unit. Assumes clinical and operational management responsibility on the unit for a specific day, evening or night shift, providing continuity and coordination of unit activities. Demonstrates commitment to system values through customer focus and continuous process improvement. Facilitates staff involvement in Performance Excellence.
- Reports to
- May supervise RN's, LVN's, PCT's, OR Aide's, MA's and/or CA's
- Ages of Patients
- Blood Borne Pathogens
- Required: BSN or MSN or enrollment in an RN-BSN or RN-MSN program within 1 year of hire and completion within 5 years of hire if hired after July 1, 2012
- Required: California RN License; American Heart Association BLS and ACLS and PALS
- Preferred: 1 to 2 years experience in the area of specialty or in area of higher acuity or participation in internship programs/course.
- Essential Responsibilities
- Demonstrates compliance with Code of Conduct and compliance policies, and takes action to resolve compliance questions or concerns and report suspected violations
- Knowledge of ASPAN recommended standards and practice
- Ability to work collaboratively & problem solve with a multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrates advanced skills within EPIC when providing patient care and when coaching, teaching, and troubleshooting with staff
- Monitors department specific standards of care/practice
- Assists with collection of data for Nursing P.I. projects
- Assists in monitoring unit readiness in Joint Commission, California and Federal standards
- Ensures daily assessment of unit equipment to maintain quality controls (i.e. Crash Cart check, BGM, Med Refrigerators, ACT (where applicable)
- Provides coaching/development for staff as necessary
- Rounds with staff members & providers at least daily to evaluate care/services of hospitalized patients and patient throughput
- Facilitates availability of adequate material resources and supplies
- Assists control of expenditures within the department
- Demonstrates proficiency in assessing shift staffing needs consistent with patient mix, census, patient throughput, department flow, and acuity levels
- Sets priorities appropriate to daily patient/physician dynamics
- Assures patient acuity classification is completed
- Maintains communication and resolves issues regarding shift activities
- Coaches and educates staff Nurses regarding clinical questions
- Retains clinical skills for execution of patient care as necessary
- Assists with facilitating of multidisciplinary patient care planning and rounding
- Collaborates with staff regarding physician notification
- Demonstrates medication barcoding compliance 90% or greater
- Performs other duties as assigned
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Job ID: 106774
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
As the valley’s only not-for-profit hospital, Eisenhower Medical Center has provided high quality, compassionate care for more than 44 years through a full range of state-of-the-art diagnostic, treatment and emergency facilities. Eisenhower is an accredited teaching hospital, with a School of Graduate Medical Education training new physicians in the specialties of family medicine and internal medicine.
View the full profile
Eisenhower Medical Center has locations across the Coachella Valley for convenient, quality health care. The main campus and hospital is located on 130 acres in Rancho Mirage. Eisenhower Medical Center is a dynamic, progressive health care complex comprised of a 463-bed hospital, the Annenberg Center for Health Sciences at Eisenhower, and the Barbara Sinatra Children’s Center at Eisenhower in addition to its outpatient facilities in Palm Springs, Cathedral City, Rancho Mirage and La Quinta. The Betty Ford Center is also located on the Eisenhower campus. Eisenhower not only offers the highest quality health care for residents and visitors, but additionally provides a broad range of educational programs for the public, and for health care professionals.