An Accounting Clerk (Tenants & General - AR) is responsible for assisting in processing billing for Hotel Tenants.
What will I be doing?
An Accounting Clerk (Tenants & General - AR) is responsible for assisting in processing billing for Hotel Tenants. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
Month-end Closing Process, including direct posting of monthly rent charges, utilities and miscellaneous charges. Print and mail/email invoices. Prepare closing reports and journal entries.
Update tenant information and other critical information related to tenant lease agreements. Follow up on collection of appropriate certificates of insurance.
Reconcile and balance room charges and prepare check requests to reimburse tenants.
Apply daily payments received from tenants and reconcile accounts and research balances.
Responds to telephone and in-person inquiries related to Tenant accounts.
File and maintain tenant files and documents as it pertains to the retention policy.
What are we looking for?
Any combination of education,training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills andabilities. High school diploma required.
Minimum one year of AccountsReceivable experience required, with similar size hotel experience preferred.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
CPR certification and/or First Aidtraining preferred.
All team members must maintain aneat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
Ability to speak another language inaddition to English is preferred, with Japanese, Chinese, and Korean being themost desirable.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL ANDABILITY
The individual must possess thefollowing knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain anddemonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, withor without reasonable accommodation.
- General knowledge of accounting operations. Aptitude for figures.
- Ability to access and accurately input information into a computer using various computer software, including, but not limited to, OnQ, Microsoft EXCEL, Microsoft Word.
- Ability to correspond with customers and guests via electronic mail (e-mail) using company provided software (currently Microsoft Outlook Web Access), using proper grammar.
- Basic mathematical skills and ability to operate a 10-key by touch rapidly and to perform mathematical calculations accurately.
- Ability to effectively deal with and solve conflict situations in a professional manner such as guest complaints, billing problems, last minute requests from tenants and other departments.
- Ability to accurately input/type 35 words per minute.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry a maximum of 25 lbs.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language sufficient to communicate with employees, staff, guests and customers and to perform all essential job functions.
- Ability to lift, bend, stoop, walk, push/pull to retrieve and re-file various binders and files at levels up to 6 feet high.
- Ability to sit and work continuously for extended periods of time.
- Ability to effectively deal with customer and employee concerns in a friendly and positive manner. This involves listening to the nature of the concern, demonstrating empathy with the customer and providing positive feedback and proactive solutions.
- Ability to learn and perform all essential job functions accurately and safely with minimal direct supervision, within initial training period after employee begins work.
Since being founded in 1919, Hiltonhas been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beaconof innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result ofour Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically,we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for thedemonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading globalhospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-servicehotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly acentury, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest inaccommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuingits tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its URL blocked - click to apply. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unitesus as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the worldevery day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!