Physical Therapist - Home Health Full Time
At 21st Century Home Health Services (HHS), we are committed to treating every patient with the same empathy, compassion and understanding that we would show our family. With over 200 employees, we are the largest Home Health Agency in San Francisco and the fastest growing in the Bay Area. We provide care to over 1,000 patients in San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara and Alameda Counties.
Our Clinicians are not only dedicated to the patients we serve, but to each other. The proof is in our outcomes: Hospital readmission rates for 21st Century HHS are consistently under 10% while the industry average is over 15%. We have the highest medicare classification rating of 5-stars, based on a set criteria determining excellence.Territory:
Targeted and manageable area of Morgan Hill. We also have ongoing opportunities in San Francisco, Alameda, San Mateo County, Santa Clara County and Contra Costa County.
21st Century HHS is expanding rapidly throughout the East Bay. We anticipate offering Clinicians and Therapist targeted and manageable territories no later than early 2023, in all areas of Contra Costa and Alameda Counties. However, you don't have to wait until 2023 to join us! We are offering immediate opportunities for individuals to train in Oakland and transition to preferred and convenient territories once available. What you'll do as a Home Health Physical Therapist:
In partnership with the Case Manager you will provide skilled services to evaluate and address the needs of individuals in their homes, so they can live safely and productively in their home environment
Your goals as a Physical therapy goals are to restore function to prevent or minimize disability following disease or injury and to help the client reach his/her maximum performance/function within the limits of his/her capabilities. You will evaluate and treat patients using medically prescribed physical therapy programs. You may may also supervise Physical Therapy Assistants (PTAs) per agency and regulatory standards. Other responsibilities
Why you Should Come Work for us as a Physical Therapist:
- Perform an evaluation in the home and develop a care plan and work with PTA's to follow the care plan.
- Help patients with mobility, movement, and help in regaining their independence.
- Create detailed treatment and care plans for each patient.
- Communicate and coordinate with patients' physicians to ensure a quality level of care.
- Evaluate and report patients' progress to MD.
To be a success as a Physical Therapist:
- Concierge Service: Assist with documentation and administrative tasks
- Flexible work schedules: Create your own schedule and hours
- Targeted territories. Typically patient visits are within a 3-10 mile radius.
- Autonomy: No clocking in/out
- Low turnover/High morale
- Work/life balance
- Helpful software and communication tools
- Company issued Ipad
- Mileage/Vehicle Reimbursement
- Outstanding benefits for you and your family including 401k with matching. Generous PTO, Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, etc
- Competitive compensation with achievable incentive bonus program
- Current unrestricted CA Physical Therapist License
- Current BLS/CPR Certification
- Valid CA Driver's License
- Knowledge of local community resources is required.
- Knowledge and understanding of individual development and human behavior as it relates to the effects of illness/injury; and of the influence of culture on health care.
- Knowledge of state and federal homecare regulatory guidelines preferred.
- Experience home health care is highly preferred
- Experience with high acuity patients is a plus
- Experience working with an interdisciplinary team is highly desired
- Case Management fundamentals is highly desired
- Critical thinker
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Leadership skills
21st Century is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
- Acute Medicine
- Basic Life Support
- Case Management
- Critical Thinking
- Diseases And Disorders