The Branch Manager is responsible for fostering a professional and friendly environment that provides an exceptional service experience to Golden 1 members, resulting in expansion of Golden 1 market share, wallet share, and increased revenue. Builds, trains, coaches, and leads an engaged team through employee development. Leads overall performance and member service objectives that align with Golden 1's mission, vision, and core values. Plans, organizes, directs, implements and controls all aspects of branch operations, including the achievement of compliance for all regulations, policies, and procedures. Creates a positive branch service culture and partners with other departments to achieve shared company objectives. Identifies community event opportunities and potential Select Employee Groups and actively participates in related events.
TASKS, DUTIES, FUNCTIONS:
* Foster a positive and engaging work environment for each team member by promoting skill development, coaching for improvement and growth, inspiring others through your words and actions, ensuring positive employee morale throughout Golden 1, and embracing our mission, vision and core values.
* Coach, develop and manage staff performance to meet or exceed all service objectives and expectations.
* Plans, organizes and participates in branch outbound call efforts. Ensures all team members follow-up on active member outreach (i.e. phone calls, e-mails, etc...).
* Conduct employment interviews as necessary. Hire, train, develop, direct, schedule, and evaluate the performance for all branch employees.
* Maintain a thorough understanding of all state and federal laws and regulations related to credit union compliance.
* Complete activities associated with human resource processes of direct reports, including appraisals, disciplinary actions, individual development plans, career development, training, interviews, etc...
* Identify, target, and market the Credit Union to potential fields of membership within the branch's demographic and local communities.
* Develop and implement branch business and marketing plans.
* Identify, investigate and respond to members' concerns.
* Distribute all pertinent information to management and staff through preparing, conducting, and attending meetings.
* Monitor all internal policy and procedural controls to safeguard the funds and assets of Golden 1.
* Oversee, assist, and partner with the Branch Operations Manager (and/or Lead) to ensure internal processes and controls are well established.
* Participate on special and standing committees.
* Provide recommendations on all branch employees' promotions and placement.
* Assure that the physical maintenance and appearances of the facilities are maintained.
* Travel to meetings by car or public conveyance.
* When an insufficient number of authorized Notary Publics are on staff, the Branch Manager is required to perform those duties.
* Prepare and submit budget justifications Oversee and control applicable budgetary expenses.
* May occasionally be requested to fill in at another branch location.
PHYSICAL SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EXERTION UTILIZED IN THE PERFORMANCE OF THESE TASKS:
* Must be able to effectively communicate both orally and in writing to discuss Golden 1 products and services with members and potential members and to resolve member concerns and conflicts.
* Must possess sufficient manual dexterity to skillfully operate an on-line computer terminal and other standard office equipment, such as financial calculators, personal computer, facsimile machine and telephone.
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTACTS & RELATIONSHIPS:
* INTERNAL: All levels of management and staff.
* EXTERNAL: Members, vendors, peers in financial institutions, community associations and credit union associations.
* EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent work experience.
* EXPERIENCE: Minimum of three years of progressively responsible management experience within a retail or financial institution.
* Knowledge of California Credit Union Law and Regulations.
* Knowledge of the sound practice of business administration.
* Knowledgeable of electronic banking equipment, video security systems, electronic fund transfer technology, office automation equipment.
* Flexible employee coaching skills to meet individual employee needs.
* Proven ability to inspire and motivate employees to meet and/or exceed service and performance objectives.
* Solid knowledge of financial concepts, products, and services in a financial services environment.
* Professional (Verbal/Written Communication and Presence).
* Demonstrate positive, professional, and engaging communication skills.
* Must be able to frequently move about the branch.
* Corrected vision within the normal range.
* Hearing within normal range. A device to enhance hearing will be provided if needed.
* Ability to lift 30 lbs. as may be required.
* Travel by car or public conveyance to attend meetings. Out-of-area managers are required to travel to the Sacramento areaas required. Out-of-area managers have more travel required than local managers.
* Extended or long work hours may be required to accomplish tasks.
Possession of a valid California driver's license is desirable but not essential.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Resolve Customer Issue