Have you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
The Specialist will support the VP of DSD Excellence (DSDE) in building engagement, developing strategy and communicating the DSDE business model to the organization. The specialist will use data analysis to identify best practices and opportunities for process improvement and present finding and recommendations to the leadership team. This position will be responsible for using data analysis to measure the success of new processes and procedures. The Specialist will also identify and find the best ways to distribute value added content to the DSDE team.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Identify areas of opportunity in data tracking that can be used to improve business performance, i.e. New Items, Core Items or Key Business Initiatives.
- Generate and distribute reports that provide value and can be easily interpreted by various audiences in the DSDE team.
- Understand key business trends.
- Use data to identify areas of improvement and make suggestions for streamlining processes.
Develop weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports for senior management to evaluate market performance vs. competitors.
Act as a resource to the DSDE Leadership team to prepare weekly, monthly, and quarterly presentations for executive team.
Provide data analytics to support DSDE objectives including category reviews, market analysis, and account planning strategies.
Work closely with Corporate Learning and Development to identify training opportunities for the team and ensure all training is recorded in Talent Management system.
Responsible for the creation and maintenance of content on the DSDE Sharepoint site.
Assure all content that is distributed throughout the team and organization meets the branding guidelines of DSDE.
Develop and execute informative podcasts aimed at engaging and educating the DSDE community
Create, distribute and maintain frontline engagement surveys.
Collaborate with leadership team to action plan against survey feedback using survey data and analytics.
Leverage action plans to build engagement and best practices amongst the DSDE team.
Ownership of DSDE newsletter.
Demonstrate a deep understanding of DSDE business model.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (“BBUSA”) includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or Marketing. A combination of education, training and experience that results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be substituted.
Ideal candidate will possess:
- 5-7 years of related experience in operations or sales; DSD experience required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as the ability to effectively negotiate and influence others.
- Strong computer application, business communication, organization, and multi-tasking skills with the demonstrated ability to consistently manage projects from conception through implementation.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving ability, including strong conceptual and analytical skills and ability to turn findings into executable plans.
- Computer skills and proficiency, specifically PowerPoint, Excel, and Word is required.
- 25% travel
Key Behavioral Competencies:
Ability to set and communicate vision that inspires others to follow..
Ability to establish project objectives, checkpoints and timelines to meet project tasks and expectations.
Ability to exchange complex information effectively to reach agreement in ambiguous or difficult situations.
Ability to provide clarity to others to accept new ideas or changing concepts and initiates and orchestrates the pace of change.
- Willingness to learn from other functions to enable professional growth and contribute to the success of strategic and transformational initiatives.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.
Business Process Improvement
Complex Problem Solving