Who We Are:
St. Johns Episcopal Hospital is the only hospital providing emergency and ambulatory care to the densely populated, culturally and economically diverse, and medically underserved populations of the Rockaways and Five Towns in southern Queens County and southwestern Nassau County, New York. Celebrating over 110 years of community care, the 257-bed facility provides people of all faiths with comprehensive preventive, diagnostic treatment and rehabilitative services, regardless of ability to pay.
Come Grow With Us!
Shift: Evenings - Tuesday thru Saturday
Hours: 12:00 PM - 8:30 PM
Pay: $60.47- $65.69 per hour, depending on education and years of experience. Shift differentials apply.
The Health Education Nurse educates patients about behaviors and practices that promote improved wellness, health status, and health outcomes. They develop and implement individualized strategies utilizing different teaching modalities and care plans. The Health Education Nurse teaches patients about their diagnoses, disease processes, and about all necessary tests, treatments, or procedures. They provide direct individualized teaching and develop a link between the patient, caregiver, community, and other healthcare professionals. The Health Education Nurse works one on one with patients or with families/caregivers to ensure readiness for discharge through teaching and preparation. They help patients to navigate the complex health care systems. The goal is to enable discharged patients to manage their health with providers in the community thereby preventing unnecessary returns to the hospital. They may be required to participate in community Health Education events. Health Education Nurses collect, analyze, and share data that is used to support ongoing performance improvement.
* Licensed RN with BS/BSN required, MS/MSN preferred
* Minimum 5 years recent acute Medical Surgical and Critical Care experience
* Strong clinical background with excellent clinical assessment skills
* Ability to develop educational care plans
* Demonstrate excellent teaching, written, and verbal communication skills
* Knowledge of care management and discharge planning regulations, and community resources
* Ability to record, track, and analyze data
* Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Clinical Works
- Community Health
- Critical Care
- Data Analysis