The Continuous Improvement Manager is responsible for leading the facility’s continuous improvement effort through the engagement of all associates. They are responsible for championing, developing and sustaining a culture of continuous improvement throughout the facility. This individual must champion the utilization of core Lean principles and methodologies while coaching and mentoring plant leadership for sustainability. The CI Manager’s influence should positively influence performance in safety, quality, delivery, cost and overall plant morale.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and own the annual CI plan for the facility
- Develop and lead implementation of employee engagement teams to support lean initiatives
- Responsible for the overall effectiveness of kaizen activity
- Developing and implementing improvements to eliminate operational wastes in the process while managing and evaluating multiple projects.
- Effectively utilize the 8-Step Problem Solving process to lead through problem solving exercises as it pertains to the elimination of waste.
- Drive and implement improvements in OEE with major focus on Changeover Reduction
- Develop Lean Manufacturing training materials, coordinating and providing Lean Manufacturing direction with the support functions such as Maintenance, Materials, Quality, HR and Engineering.
- Train associates on Improvement Tools and Methodologies
- Implementation and maintenance of visual workplace standards
- Implementation of tools to improve manufacturing performance
- Facilitate TPM activity with maintenance engagement
- Establish and support 5-S plant activity
- Travel 15-20%
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Industrial Engineering, Logistics, or High School Diploma with 5 years’ experience in Continuous Improvement and Lean Manufacturing related field
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in Lean manufacturing concepts and Implementation within a plant manufacturing environment
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in People and/or Systems Leadership
- Exposure to Strategic Planning related to lean initiatives
- Serve as a mentor and provide direction and guidance to overall plant improvement initiatives
- Supervising employees in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Oversee the overall lean, maintenance and tool shop operations and performance
Skills & Knowledge:
- Strong knowledge of lean manufacturing principles such as 5-S, SMED, Pull Systems and Visual Management
- Excellent organization, planning, and analytical problem-solving skills.
- Experience in leading kaizen activities.
- Possesses excellent teaching capability
- Excellent Written Communication Skills
- Strong statistical skills
- Strong Presentation skills along with knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Working knowledge of machining, forming and assembly manufacturing
- Highly approachable with good interpersonal and leadership skills that encourage and motivate others.
- Demonstrated ability to work without close supervision and maintain high level of motivation.
BrassCraft Manufacturing CompanyShiftFull or Part Time
Masco Corporation (the “Company”) is an equal opportunity employer and we want to have the best available persons in every job. The Company makes employment decisions only based on merit. It is the Company’s policy to prohibit discrimination in any employment opportunity (including but not limited to recruitment, employment, promotion, salary increases, benefits, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment) based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, pregnancy, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical/mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, height, weight or any other such characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company regardless of where the employee is located and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company.
Masco Corporation is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States. Please click on the following links for more information.
E-Verify Participation Poster: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Continuous Improvement Manager
E-verify Right to Work Poster: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Continuous Improvement Manager, [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Continuous Improvement Manager
Single Minute Exchange Of Die (Smed)
Overall Equipment Effectiveness