Provides professional nursing care for the comfort and well-being of patients. Prepares equipment and assists physician during examinations and treatments. Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, and monitors patient vital signs. Observes and maintains records on patient care, condition, reaction, and progress.RequirementsQualifications
1. Registered Nurse with valid Texas license.
2. BLS certification required; ACLS certification highly desired/recommended. Current specialty certification as required.
3. Must have working knowledge of the nursing process as well as in depth knowledge of therapeutic, physical, psychosocial, spiritual, cultural, and developmental needs for a select category of patients.
4. Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred 'Working Conditions
and Physical Requirements'
1. Must be able to walk and stand for extended periods.
2. Must be able to walk; climb stairs; lift, carry, push/pull greater than 50 pounds, repeatedly.
3. Good balance is required to facilitate climbing and reaching for supplies.
4. Must be able to bend, twist and crawl to facilitate cleaning equipment and must possess sufficient manual dexterity to handle IVs, specimens, equipment, and medications.
5. Required to lift and move patients.
6. Potential for exposure to body fluids and communicable disease exists.
7. Required to work in an indoor climate controlled environment with occasional deviations in temperature related to location or specialty area. There may be occasions where exposure to external elements may be necessary (i.e. code grays, patient transport, etc.).
8. Must be able to communicate in writing and verbally, both in person and by telephone. Other
1. Demonstrates competence to perform assigned patient care responsibilities in a manner that meets the age-specific and developmental needs of patients served by the department.
2. Appropriately adapts assigned patient assessment, treatment and/or care methods to accommodate the unique physical, psychosocial, cultural, age-specific and other developmental needs of each patient served.
3. Takes personal responsibility to ensure compliance with all policies, procedures and standards as promulgated by state and federal agencies, the hospital, and other regulatory entities.
4. Performs all duties in a manner that protects the confidentiality of patients and does not solicit or disclose any confidential information unless it is necessary in the performance of assigned job duties.
5. Must successfully complete the pre-employment/post job offer health screening and the annual screening each year thereafter as an associate.
6. Demonstrates adherence to the CORE values of CHRISTUS Santa Rosa.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
Registered Nurse Certified
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (Acls)