Requisition Type: Pipeline
GDIT is currently seeking a Voice Engineer who will provide project support as well as operations support required for Avaya PBX and Cisco data functions related to telecommunications that includes, but is not limited to day-to-day O&M escalation support, system upgrades/enhancements, as well as ongoing projects and day-to-day moves adds, changes working closely with the Integrated Project Data/Voice Lead engineer. Cisco voice experience will be considered in lieu of Avaya experience.
- Supports voice engineering initiatives for all project-related and ongoing operations support for voice communications services.
- Works closely with IPT Data/Voice Lead and IPT Project Managers to review customer requirements and develops basis of estimates (BOEs), consent to purchase (CTP) material forms, circuit order request forms (CORFs)/quotes, and engineering implementation plans for all project-related initiatives.
- Implements and troubleshoots enterprise Voice-related solutions/incidents/system outages.
- Analyze system logs and identifying potential issues with Telecommunication
- Recommends and integrate new Telecommunication Voice, Video and Unified Communications technologies.
- Monitors the Telecommunication Network infrastructure and support state-of-the-art Monitoring and Reporting tools for proactive management to minimize outages to phone systems.
- Monitors, review, recommend, test, and implement new software revision/feature sets/patch evaluation and trade studies, periodic system refresh
- Responds to escalated incidents and service requests from TWD Service Delivery/Operations Teams, coordinates planned maintenance activities, coordinates/facilitates planned/unplanned service outages, and ongoing project-related support activities;
- Frequently communicates with Team Leads on upcoming projects, system maintenance activities, and unplanned events to ensure staff are prepared to support the Department
- Promptly responds to all critical/high and/ or VIP incidents or service requests and resolves within service level targets and/or scheduled timeframes.
- Monitors ticket queues are actively monitored to ensure customer tickets and service requests are promptly addressed.
- Maintain enterprise awareness of system maintenance and outages, as well as world events that could impact IT operations.
- Communicates all planned/unplanned service outages to management/leads and Senior Watch Officers supporting the IT Operations Center.
Candidates MUST have, at minimum, a Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related technical discipline and/or 5+ years of IT/Voice-related experience in lieu of degree
- Candidate should have recent VoIP experience on an enterprise network, including implementation of QoS for H.323 and/or Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) technology
- Strong LAN/WAN/MAN experience with a focus on WAN services (ISDN, Frame-Relay, Point-to-Point, DMVPN, METRO ETHERNET, VPLS, TLS, and MPLS).
- Working knowledge and experience with voice communications systems (Cisco/Avaya)
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Strong organizational, time management and documentation skills.
- Self-starter, with a desire to be in a fast paced large enterprise telecommunications environment.
- Accurate and prompt handling of Telecom administration work and solving of related issues
- Sound reasoning ability together with strong problem solving skills and the ability to know when to escalate issues before they become critical.
- Experience with SolarWinds
- Experience with many of the following Avaya platform and/or Application components:
- Aura Communication Manager 5.2 or greater
- S-Series and COTS Server,MCC/G-Series gateways with ESS and LSP components)
- System Platform, Avaya Virtualization Platform, and Session Manager
- Aura Messaging, and Inuity Audix
- Aura Call Center Elite (EAS) and Advocate ACD call-flow
- Oracle/ACME Packet SBC’s
- Avaya Communications Automatic Route Selection (ARS) and Avaya Automatic Alternative Routing (AAR) in an enterprise environment
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Multiprotocol Label Switching
Automatic Call Distributor