Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Senior Data Engineer works closely with key business data and designs solutions by which information is loaded into and extracted from key IT and business systems. This position will leverage key development, database, reporting, analytic, and business intelligence skills across a diverse and multi-faceted application landscape.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Ability to work with data in a variety of settings to build systems that collect, manage, and convert raw data into usable information
- Lead the development of standard managed processes and operating models to enable repeatable and scalable programs across a range of program across a range of client types
- Work with Optum leaders and other stakeholders to define and build or support solutions
- Work with technology and other Data Teams to identify processes and best practices to leverage existing data infrastructure to meet the requirements
- Guide a team of analysts, senior consultants, and subject matter experts to deliver managed analytics engagements
- Act as a subject matter expert on data required to support operations, and drive governance
- Reviews and analyzes on-going customer requests (for new data elements to be brought into the existing model, for customizations or cross-walking of existing data elements, for computation of new fields based on customer-provided business logic, combinations of existing data elements, etc.)
- Functions as a primary contributor in designing, coding, testing, debugging, documenting and supporting all types of applications consistent with established specifications and business requirements to deliver business value. Participates in multiple concurrent projects
- Solves unique and complex problems with broad impact on the business
- Translates highly complex concepts in ways that can be understood by a variety of audiences
- Develops complete descriptions of all specifications and solutions required
- Develops common operations, which can be reused
- Devise data verification and quality methods and standard systems procedures that will be used to support Enterprise Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence platforms
- Understand and apply unique programming/scripting languages specific to software engineering
- Participates in certain aspects of user consulting, systems analysis, general systems design, vendor contracts and detail systems design
- Learns user functions, organization and role in the enterprise to the extent required
- Perform related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health Care Administration, Business Administration or a related field (4+ years of comparable work experience beyond the required years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a bachelor’s degree)
- 5+ years of experience with Data Architecture, ETL, MDM and/or Datalake
- 5+ years of experience with OLTP, OLAP database design
- Experience working in Azure Cloud solutions
- Knowledge of Software Design/Development methodology /process
- Experience providing/implementing end state solutions for integrated environment with data modeling and design
- Ability to work with various teams and translate the business requirements for data ingestion into the solution
- 4+ years of experience working in Healthcare domain (Provider, Eligibility, Claims etc)
- 4+ years of experience working in Healthcare industry
- Experience in Programming language for Cloud solutions (Python, Scala, Java, C#, SQL and Azure Databricks) and knowledge of Kafka streaming
- Experience working in Enterprise level data architecture
- Working in agile environment
- Knowledge or experience with the Epic EMR
- Epic native reporting and analytic tools such as RADAR, Slicer Dicer, and Reporting Work Bench, Clarity reports, and Tableau
- Knowledge or experience with healthcare data associations
- Knowledge or experience with data aggregation and standardization
- Good Mentoring skillsets
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers at OptumCare. We're on a mission to change the face of health care. As the largest health and wellness business in the US, we help 58 million people navigate the health care system, finance their health care needs and achieve their health and well-being goals. Fortunately, we have a team of the best and brightest minds on the planet to make it happen. Together we're creating the most innovative ideas and comprehensive strategies to help heal the health care system and create a brighter future for us all. Join us and learn why there is no better place to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment
Job Keywords: Senior Data Engineer, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote