To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Downey, CA 90241
- Cross Country Healthcare
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Registered Nurse (RN) - Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
Cross Country Healthcare • Downey, CA
Posted 1 month ago
Registered Nurse (RN) - Intensive Care Unit (ICU) - PIH Health Hospital - Downey, CA
The Registered Nurse (RN) provides direct nursing care including: assessment, plan of care, education, and evaluation for assigned patients. Performs patient duties necessary to maintain the flow of patient care as well as coordinates the delivery of care provided by other care team members and disciplines. Tasks include but are not limited to:
* Evaluate patients' vital signs or laboratory data to determine emergency intervention needs
* Monitor patients for changes in status and indications of conditions such as sepsis or shock and institute appropriate interventions
* Assess patients' pain levels
* Administer medications
* Conduct pulmonary assessments to identify abnormal respiratory patterns or breathing sounds that indicate problems
* Prioritize nursing care for assigned critically ill patients, based on assessment data or identified needs
* Consult and coordinate with healthcare team members to assess, plan, implement, or evaluate patient care plans
* Perform emergency medical procedures, such as basic cardiac life support (BLS), advanced cardiac life support (ACLS), and other condition stabilizing interventions
* Manage patients' pain relief and sedation by providing pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic interventions, monitoring patients' responses, and changing care plans accordingly
- Current California RN license
- Evidence of continuing education
- Prior experience in an acute care facility or formal classroom education
- Current Basic Life Support Card
- Written and verbal communications, interpersonal skills
- Basic organizational skills
- Basic computer skills
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Patient assessment
- Clinical education related to specialty
- Principles of patient/family teaching
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with two hospitals, numerous outpatient medical offices, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer and emergency services. Our leadership is dedicated to putting patients first-a cornerstone of our mission, vision and values-as we deliver top-quality healthcare.
Please Click APPLY to submit your resume for consideration