- Basic Function:
Provide clinical product support to all end users and provide on-site guidance and assistance during surgical procedures. Provide training, ongoing in-services, and customer education to assigned account(s). Work within accounts to maximize the use of the Navigation product line, by ensuring customer confidence in our technology through consistent procedural performance. Develop, implement and enhance all resources necessary to properly service our customers and technology.
- Provide surgeons and operating room staff with training and Clinical/Technical support in the operation of the company's navigation technologies, associated equipment and instruments to insure procedural efficiency.
- Use proprietary software to prepare pre-operative scans for use in conjunction with the company's navigation system, assists surgeon in preoperative planning and intra-operative guidance.
- Train physicians and hospital personnel, including OR staff, radiology and central sterile processing on the use of the navigation system, instruments, disposables and software applications.
- Provide prompt and accurate complaint reports per the requirements of Stryker Navigations quality system.
- Solve product problems for customers in an expeditious manner.
- Provide case coverage at accounts.
- Support the development and execution of the sales plan as well as grow the utilization of the navigation technologies by increasing volume with current and potential surgeons.
- Actively sell the clinical benefits of the products, and build strong, positive relationships with key surgeons and OR staff at targeted accounts.
- Collaborate with Sales Representatives and Marketing to increase communication around product performance.
- Obtain purchase orders for products consumed during surgical procedures and maintains and tracks case coverage purchase orders for services provided.
- Partner with other cross functional teams in selling the clinical benefits of the company’s products, drive continuous account growth and case volume.
- May direct product evaluations in OR and office settings
- Identifies and executes opportunities to participate in cross-divisional labs for product education
- Support the conversion of competitive doctors to use Stryker Navigation products
- Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects
- Must be able to review printed materials
- Must be able to communicate effectively with large groups of people
- Must be able to use common office equipment and software application (e.g. PC, word, excel, scanning, etc.)
- Up to 30% travel annually
- Must be able to analyze and resolve non-routine sales issues using independent judgment
- Must be able to routinely make decisions which may affect immediate sales operations and have a divisional effect
- Must be able to quickly resolve complex challenges that occur in a dynamic environment
Qualifications/Work Experience Required:
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Sales and/or marketing experience
- Fundamental Computer Skills
- Bachelor's degree
Work From Home: Not available
Travel Percentage: 30%
Stryker Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Stryker Corporation will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.