This Job has been reposted by the company. Refer to Job ID 645935.
The VP, Information Technology, will develop and lead the execution of the company's IT vision and strategy, to ensure an efficient, effective, and high-quality operation and functioning of all hardware and software that are the responsibility of the IT Department, within the approved budget. Provides technology vision and leadership in the development and implementation of the company-wide information technology program. Provides strategic and tactical planning, development, evaluation and coordination of the information and technology systems. Accountable for the management of multiple information and communications systems, as well as projects including voice, data, imaging and office automation. Oversees a continuous program of education and research to assure company-wide standards are maintained and the cost-effective utilization of resources. This position manages a team of 25+ people, including a Director, Senior Leaders, and will be responsible for promoting their professional development.
- Work closely with the executive team to identify, recommend, develop, and implement cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization, ensuring end-user involvement in technology decisions.
- Oversee the strategy of the Information Technology (IT) department, to implement company-level continuous technological evolution, through the use of data analytics, streamlining and integrating disparate systems, establishing core metrics/KPIs, and instituting development standards and best practices. Make sure IT strategy and policies align with business priorities, ensuring compliance and security.
- Assess needs across the company and within individual business units to determine IT strategies for meeting business objectives.
- Drive the development and implementation of a solid cybersecurity framework, including disaster and emergency recovery plans.
- Drive end user adoption of IT platforms to ensure organization is maximizing benefits from investments.
- Evaluate and eliminate redundant reporting and IT applications.
- Ensure the security and scalability of all IT platforms.
- Stay up to date on new information technologies and their possible application in the organization to enable the execution of the strategic plan.
- Ensure IT related policies & procedures reflect current best practices and comply with government regulations (i.e., GMP, FDA, IT Audit).
- Maintain a satisfactory level of technical skills department-wide by keeping up with current trends and developments related to team member roles.
- Manage the IT budget ensuring its alignment with the company needs and objectives and build effective partnership with 3rd party vendors and services providers to ensure cost effective business solutions.
- Lead and develop resources within the IT department, including recruiting and hiring qualified technical staff, mentoring, training, reviewing performance and communicating corporate policies and procedures.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Information Systems; MBA preferred
- 15+ years of experience in information systems with experience leading teams and initiatives
- Comprehensive knowledge of a wide range of information technologies in a large company, multi-location environment such as:
- Business principles, applications, and techniques of electronic data processing systems
- Data processing methods and procedures, and computer software
- Computer systems design and development process, programming, and operations
- Computer hardware and software systems planning and technical support functions
- Organization, management, and control of complex computer equipment and data processing facilities
- Principles and practices of business and public administration
- Principles and practices of personnel management and supervision
- Experienced in ITIL framework and change control procedures
- Strong analytical and logical problem-solving skills
- Strong understanding of business processes and activities of a manufacturing company
- Strong interpersonal communication and relational skills, superior organizational and project management skills. Sound judgment, initiative, flexibility, and detail oriented.
- Strong customer service and quality focus. Able to address issues effectively when problems arise and take initiative to understand their root cause
- Ability to successfully develop, mentor, coach and manage the performance of others
- Must be able to maintain the required confidentiality of certain projects and information
- PMP or knowledgeable in Project Management principles
- Any other IT related certifications
Coaching And Mentoring