To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Atlantic City, NJ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
CASE MANAGER I
Geo Reentry Services, LLC. • Atlantic City, NJ
Posted 26 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
This position manages a caseload of participant cases by administering the policies and procedures of the program as directed by the contracting agency and the Program Manager or Supervising Case Manager. Learns, uses and models principles of the “What Works” system through evidence-based practices in all interactions with participants and other staff members. This position reports on program operations to ensure that all requirements of the criminal justice system are met.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manages a participant caseload using principles of the “What Works” system. Conducts risk/need assessments and creates individual treatment plans for each assigned participant. Meets regularly with participants and documents participants’ progress or regress in Company database.
- Conducts orientation meetings with new participants to explain program rules and regulations. Verbally explains the participant contract in detail to ensure that the participant understands his/her responsibilities. Installs electronic monitoring equipment on new participants when necessary.
- Sets participant schedules and specifies all approved activities based on sentencing information. Approves temporary schedule changes for approved activities.
- Collects participant fees on an on-going basis when required. Notifies the Program Manager of delinquent fees.
- Monitors participant compliance with alcohol and/or drug counseling when required.
- Reports all program violations to the appropriate agency or official via the established reporting parameters.
- Troubleshoots equipment problems and relays technical problems to the Program Manager for resolution.
- May review daily summaries each morning and forward reports to the appropriate agency as required.
- Reports on the status of program operations regularly to ensure all necessary documentation is prepared for court review.
- Represents the company in contacts with elected officials and other public figures in the criminal justice system.
- May facilitate psycho-educational/behavior modification groups each week. Documents participants’ attendance, participation and progress in Company database.
- May testify in court regarding participants’ compliance with court orders.
- May screen participants at jail for entry into the program.
- May be required to learn and develop proficiency in Client Services Specialist’s duties, including opening and closing the office, and performing participant intakes, check-ins, breath analysis and drug screens, to provide backup when necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Basic knowledge of case management, referral services and interventions in both group and individual modalities.
- Basic knowledge of criminal justice system.
- Good presentation, public speaking and facilitation skills.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Effective communication skills with internal and external contacts at all levels.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Problem solving ability.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) skills may be required.
Education or Formal Training:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work / Human Services is required.
- Substance abuse or domestic violence certification or the ability to become certified preferred.
- Up to one-year experience providing services to adult or juvenile treatment populations.
- A minimum of two years experience may be required for Reentry Offices.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Opportunity Employer