To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Bellview, FL 32526
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Navy Federal Credit Union • Bellview, FL
Posted 5 days ago
Why You Will Love Being Part of the Navy Federal Team:
*Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises, promotions, and bonus potential
*Best-in-Class Benefits! (7% 401k match / Pension plan / Tuition reimbursement / Great insurance options)
*On-site amenities include fitness center, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. at Pensacola, FL; Vienna, VA and Winchester, VA campuses
*Consistently Awarded Top Workplace
*Nationally recognized training department by TRAINING Magazine
*An employee-focused, diverse, and service-oriented workplace environment
To review, identify and translate applicable laws on garnishment orders served on Navy Federal from court, government and law enforcement agencies for placement (restrictions and holds) against member accounts. Review members’ accounts and process account restrictions as required by garnishment order. Prepare court or equivalent administrative order responses to garnishments/legal attachments on behalf of Navy Federal. Comply with garnishment/legal attachment Federal, state, and local compliance requirements at every stage of the legal order process.
• Identify document’s originating state and review accuracy of garnishment documents received to determine jurisdictional authority of submitter, and appropriate responses
• Review/analyze legal court orders, child support orders, and tax liens to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local statutes
• Comply with the orders by placing appropriate restrictions on the account to avoid monetary exposure and reputational risk to the organization
• Liaise with other business units’ staff regarding unique legal processing procedures
• Respond to escalated calls from Contact Center, Branch Offices, members, and attorneys regarding attachments/garnishments, procedures, account status, etc.
• Prepare or coordinate preparation of Navy Federal responses to court attachments/garnishments in compliance with critical deadlines established by local, state, federal and other regulatory laws
• Serve as subject matter expert regarding attachment/garnishment process to members, business units, external judicial/business partners
• Identify, research and interpret codes and laws cited on Attachments to determine appropriate restrictions and processing for accounts
• Review and verify agency requests for personal identifiable and account information (e.g., SSNs, names and addresses, etc.) on attachments/garnishments to determine match/non-match to member account(s); escalate employee related and non-member requests to Senior staff
• Review accounts to determine if they fall under CFR Title 31 part 212 (federal) and/or other exemptions governed by state laws; calculate and apply appropriate account restrictions
• Notarize legal documents, ensuring accuracy and validity of responses to courts, attorneys and/or law enforcement agencies
• Perform other related duties as assigned
Qualifications (All Required Unless Otherwise Noted):
• Experience in a customer service environment, preferably in a financial institution to include processing related to the legal court order process and legal documents
• Experience responding to members, government agency, courts or law enforcement officials on financial and legal matters
• Working knowledge of CFR Title 31, part 212 Garnishment of Accounts Containing Federal Benefit Payments
• Familiarity with legal documents such as Writs of Attachments, Child Support Orders, non-wage Garnishments, Tax Liens, IRS Tax Levies, etc.
• Effective skill in translating Federal, state, local compliance into Navy Federal procedures
• Experience in financial transaction/processing related responsibilities
• Experience working with rigid deadlines and continual changes
• Effective skill to comprehend, analyze, apply and communicate complex written legal documents
• Effective skill examining and interpreting information quickly and accurately
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Effective skill performing mathematical calculations and working accurately with numbers
• Effective organizational, planning and time management skills
• Experience in managing multiple priorities independently and/or in a team environment to achieve goals
• Effective word processing and spreadsheet software skills
• Effective database and presentation software skills
- Experience as a legal secretary or paralegal
- College courses in legal studies, public administration, or related field or equivalent work experience
- Certification as Notary Public for the state of Virginia and for a Custodian of Records for Navy Federal
- Experience handling escalated phone calls from customers and/or attorneys
Monday-Friday (8:00am-4:30pm CST) with occasional overtime and flexibility
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability