To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Sergeant Bluff, IA 51054
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
CF Industries • Sergeant Bluff, IA
Posted 23 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
CF Industries is a global leader in transforming natural gas into nitrogen. The chemical processes we use ensure we have the nitrogen we need to support life on earth - from fertilizer that feeds the crops that feed the world to products that remove harmful emissions from industrial activities. Through our nine world-class manufacturing complexes and best-in-class distribution system, we serve agricultural and industrial customers. We invite you to be a part of our nearly 3,000 employees making a difference every day.
Function:Engineering and Engineering Services
Job Summary:Provides process engineering support to help maintain and enhance the safe, efficient, reliable, and environmentally friendly operation of the nitrogen fertilizer production units while maximizing production capacity. Works with other disciplines within the Engineering Department as well as Operations, Maintenance, Procurement, and EHS to ensure solutions meet overall business objectives.
1. Monitor and report on operational performance of assigned process units including key variables impacting plant efficiency, capacity, catalyst performance, emissions, and process safety. Collect field data as required to ensure accuracy of results.
2. Complete performance evaluations and generate recommendations to resolve problems found in process equipment including compressors, turbines, heat exchangers, absorbers, strippers, boilers, combustion equipment, and reactors.
3. Provide process optimization, troubleshooting, data analysis, and technical support to the operations organization.
4. Complete process engineering, provide detailed engineering support, and expedite assigned jobs through the Management of Change process to ensure timely execution.
5. Participate in the development of potential capital improvement projects to increase production capacity, improve energy efficiency, and/or enhance EHS performance.
6. Prepare and review documents including PFDs, P&IDs, scopes of work, and equipment specifications to support the capital improvement project budgeting process and approved project execution.
7. Draft capital funding requests and justifications for senior management approval
8. Review and approve new operational procedures and SOCLs. Develop and conduct training for operations personnel to address significant changes and for annual refresher training.
9. Participate in PHAs, LOPA studies, and incident investigations.
10. Identify and implement solutions to EHS related action items to meet schedule requirements.
11. Assist Maintenance and Operations during turnarounds by providing pre-turnaround process engineering recommendations, assisting in planning specialty work, performing equipment inspections related to process issues, coordinating catalyst replacements, and assisting with plant restarts
12. Continually evaluate ways to improve site safety.
13. Maintain good communication and a professional working relationship with all departments.
Understands and complies with established departmental processes and procedures designed to support internal controls. Identifies and brings to the attention of department management internal controls deficiencies.
Successful incumbents will have:
1. BS degree in Chemical Engineering from an ABET accredited university.
2. Process engineering experience working for an operating company in the oil, gas, or chemical manufacturing industry is preferred.
3. Strong communication skills (written and verbal) required. Must be able to effectively communicate and interact with personnel throughout the organization.
4. Ability and willingness to collect field data, enter process equipment for inspections, and otherwise perform routine field engineering work in an operating chemical facility environment.
5. Ability and willingness to work alternative schedules on a short term basis to support 24 hour/7 day per week operations, particularly during process unit startups, shutdowns, upsets, and catalyst reductions.
6. Submission of a university transcript is required for those with less than three years of post- graduate experience.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job. These statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in this position.
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Employees in the US can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster (PDF) and the Pay Transparency Policy Statement can be found on this link: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/PayTransparencyNondiscrimination.html.
- Employees in Canada can learn more about their rights by viewing the “Canadian Human Rights Act”.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call 847-405-2400 or contact us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].