Methode Electronics, Inc. (NYSE: MEI) is an international engineering company headquartered in Chicago, IL, with over 6,500 employees worldwide. Since being established in 1946 as a single-product manufacturer, Methode has since expanded its business into industrial design, manufacturing & distribution and professional services. Our company's vision is to utilize our technical capabilities to deliver unique, turnkey solutions that provide genuine value for our customers and its shareholders. As a global developer of custom engineered, application specific products and solutions, we are able to bring our innovative technologies closer to the customers and markets we serve. Methode’s business is managed on a segment basis, with those segments being, Automotive, Medical, Industrial and Interface. The Company has components in the primary end markets of the automotive, Big Data, white goods, aerospace & defense, consumer electronics and healthcare industries. For additional information, www.methode.com.
Methode Electronics has an immediate opening for a dedicated Maintenance Technician. You will be work at a 40,000 square foot facility consisting of factory and office space where you perform ongoing maintenance and repair of the building, area and factory equipment.Responsibilities
- Perform ongoing maintenance and repair of the building, area and factory equipment including minor building, HVAC, plumbing, electrical and painting repairs
- Ensure all regular equipment preventative maintenance checks and implement preventative maintenance measures
- Accountable for the implementing and managing of the Emergency Action Plan
- Responsible for overall general external maintenance (coordinate contractors for snow removal, landscaping, etc.)
- Ability to take initiative and anticipate problems before they occur.
- Manage, coordination and communication with outside contractors to handle projects and processes that are outside of the scope of a single person workload
- Ability to work varied hours to accommodate assigned duties and maintenances schedules
- Technical School Degree/Certification or equivalent combination of education/experience including Construction
- License to Operate Scissor Lift and Fork Lift required
- Demonstrated knowledge of building skills inclusive to HVAC, plumbing, drywall installation, painting, handling of electrical tools and general building repairs required
- Experience with operating a variety of equipment, including snow blowers, lawn mowers and small hand tools
- Capability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exist
- Excellent communication skills to allow for effective communication with contractors, visitors, employees, etc.
- Prior experience partnering with outside contractors on processes and projects
- Ability to read/interpret documents such as safety rules, operating/maintenance/technical instructions, and procedure manuals including interpreting a variety of instructions furnished in mathematical, diagram, or schedule form with abstract and concrete variables
- Capacity to solve problems thorough definition, data collection, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk, sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb and use hands and/or finger, to handle, or feel.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee will be regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret data, information and documents; analyze and solve problems; use math and mathematical reasoning; observe and interpret situations; learn and apply new information or skills; and interact with fire district members, other organizations and the public.
Methode Electronics is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: EEO Poster, if you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Email blocked - click to apply or call Phone number blocked - click to apply and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.