To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Houston, TX 77024
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Boxer Property • Houston, TX
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
This position will oversee the accounting process for assigned entities including budgeting and cash planning. Supervise staff and manage the workflow to ensure that accurate and timely financial statements are prepared. Work with the Controller during financial statement review process, coordinate responsibilities and financial information requests, and respond to requests for financial information. Safeguard and contribute to the success of the assigned entities by ensuring that customers are accurately and timely billed, investigate monthly variances for Revenue & Expenses, and adhere to company policies and procedures by staff and co-workers.
- Review monthly financial statements for assigned entities ensuring accurate and complete work product.
- Review cash position and coordinate with Controller and CFO to request funds.
- Prepare and send monthly financial statements.
- Coordinate annual budget process.
- Train and support staff in using accounting system and proper procedures and accounting methods.
- Develop industry specific accounting procedures for each entity.
- Prepare/Review monthly, quarterly and annual sales tax returns for timely submission.
- Research taxability of sales in states as appropriate.
- Prepare annual state business reports as required.
- Regular and punctual attendance is required.
- Other Duties as maybe assigned.
Required Knowledge, Experience and Education
- Must have strong organizational skills.
- Ability to research, analyze and evaluate financial information.
- Strong Excel and Word skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Business preferred.
- Five years of accounting experience.
- Previous supervisory experience is preferred.
Boxer Property offers a full range of benefits including medical, dental, vision, optional life & AD&D, disability, critical illness, accident, Healthcare FSA, 401K and generous PTO accessible after 90 days.
No calls or agencies please. Boxer Property will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States.