$70000.00 to $100000.00 yearly
Robert Half Technology is looking for a Database Administrator who has proven experience solving complicated problems. This position is ideal for an ambitious problem solver who has highly tuned decision-making skills. This full-time opportunity for a Database Administrator is in Nashville, Tennessee.
- Give advice on database design, tuning options, and other possible issues
- Restore service to databases as outages happen, including after hours and on weekends
- Determine the best way to improve performance, whether through hardware purchases, server configuration changes, or index/query changes
- Verify that the design and execution of database server topology, configuration, and maintenance fulfill SLA goals
- Establish the baseline for system performance and detect deviation, suggesting and executing improvements to slow running queries
- Reduce false alarms to a minimum by configuring database monitoring utilities
- Install, configure, and maintain all relational database instances across development, staging, and production environments
This is a direct hire opportunity with competitive salary and benefits including M/D/V Benefits (Pay 100% of premium for employee), PTO (3 weeks plus 11 Paid Holidays), Flexible work schedule, Team Building Event Once a Month
If interested, please send updated resumes directly to Email blocked - click to apply
- Previous experience with production and on-call environments
- Practical knowledge of storage and server hardware desired
- Aptitude for adjusting queries to improve performance
- 3+ years of database experience
- Well-founded grasp of Database Tuning
- Earlier work involving Create Stored Procedures
- Good understanding of Azure SQL Database
- Proven knowledge of Application Tuning
- Practical knowledge of SQL Tuning
- Skills in BCP (disaster recovery)
- Previous experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- SQL Stored Procedures experience preferred
- Command of Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft SQL Server Database experience desired
- Quality experience with Complex Stored Procedures
- Comprehension of disaster recovery
- Wide ranging experience with Complex Stored Procedures
- SQL Server Analysis experience
- General familiarity with SQL Performance Tuning
- Proficiency in SQL Server Development
- Experience building and maintaining documentation
- Solid grasp of relational database management systems
Technology doesn't change the world. People do.
As a technology staffing firm, we can't think of a more fitting mantra. We're extreme believers in technology and the incredible things it can do. But we know that behind every smart piece of software, every powerful processor, and every brilliant line of code is an even more brilliant person.
Leader among IT staffing agencies
The intersection of technology and people — it's where we live. Backed by more than 65 years of experience, Robert Half Technology is a leader among IT staffing agencies. Whether you're looking to hire experienced technology talent or find the best technology jobs, we are your IT expert to call.
We understand not only the art of matching people, but also the science of technology. We use a proprietary matching tool that helps our staffing professionals connect just the right person to just the right job. And our network of industry connections and strategic partners remains unmatched.
Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at 888-490-4429 to learn more about this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Amazon Web Services