About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Counsel in Legal as part of the Commercial Banking Legal Division. For additional information on this line of business, refer to the external Careers Site at Wellsfargo.com/career.In this role, you will:
Required Qualifications, US:
- Provide guidance to management on legal and regulatory matters impacting business strategy and policy or claims against the Company.
- Proactively identifies policy, legal, and regulatory matters pertaining to area of expertise, and evaluates the legal risk and impact.
- Independently resolve moderately complex issues and lead team to meet deliverables
- Exercise considerable discretion and may serve as the primary legal contact for assigned clients.
- Collaborate within the department and across business and staff functions to address legal and risk issues in a manner consistent with the best interests of Wells Fargo.
- Coach, mentor and provide oversight with less experienced attorneys or staff
- Lead initiatives of varying scope and complexity
- 4+ years of Law experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Active State Bar membership
- Broad knowledge of lending transactions, commercial workouts, bankruptcy, foreclosures, asset disposition, collection strategies, and the related regulatory environment.
- Experience as a practicing attorney
- Experience analyzing legal and regulatory issues in area of practice and provide effective counsel to clients on complex legal matters.
- Ability to work effectively in a complex environment with a high degree of collaboration.
We Value Diversity
- Ability to travel up to 5% of the time
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
- Claim Processing
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Customer Relationship Management